ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Cartilage Piercing
    Is this piercing okay to do with a peircing gun?:D
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 06:00 PM
    It is done all the time, but I would not recommend it. First of all, I don't know if you are intending to do it yourself, but if you are, please don't. If you are intending to get it at the mall or a similar place, I hope you reconsider. Piercing guns are not sterilized, they have a tendency to get caught on the jewelry during piercing causing possible tearing or other injury to your ear, they can shatter your cartilage, and they don't make room for the jewelry, they force it into your ear and a lot of the time your ear won't tolerate it.

The most sterile way to get this done is by going to a tattoo/piercing parlor and get it done via a hollow needle. They use a brand new needle every time, it makes room for the jewelry rather than shoving a post somewhere where it doesn't fit, and there is no risk of a shattered cartilage caused by force.

The needle is much safer. :)
    Vision Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 07:11 PM
    The hollow needle just sounds so much more painful! Is there some anastesia that comes along with this?? LOL. Wouldn't that be fantastic?
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 07:22 PM
    LOL yeah it would be good.

Its not that much more painful, its more shocking than anything. Its worse if you get worked up before you get it done. If you set it in your mind that its going to hurt, it usually will. You just have to be calm. :)
    Vision Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 07:36 PM
    I have a very low tolerance for pain... so I don't know if I should even do it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 10:32 PM
    You'd be surprised at the things that you think are going to hurt and actually don't. The only way to find out for sure is to just get it done. :)
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Oct 26, 2007, 10:34 PM
    NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! BAD! NEVER!
    My friend got her cartilage done with a gun and now she has skin sticking out about a centimeter from her ear. Just get it done with a needle, it's not that bad.
    Vision Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    You'd be surprised at the things that you think are going to hurt and actually dont. The only way to find out for sure is to just get it done. :)

Haha, I screamed when I got my ears pierced and they did that with a gun.:p
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 11:48 PM
    With the gun usually what bugs people is the loud snap noise, but its really not a good method to use. Go with the needle, you'll be a lot happier in the long run, and you'll never know if it hurts or not until you try. I usually get a little nervous before piercings, I mean they never hurt me, its just a natural reaction, but it always turns out to be nothing. :)
    Vision Expert

Oct 27, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    With the gun usually what bugs people is the loud snap noise, but its really not a good method to use. Go with the needle, you'll be a lot happier in the long run, and you'll never know if it hurts or not until you try. I usually get a little nervous before piercings, I mean they never hurt me, its just a natural reaction, but it always turns out to be nothing. :)
    Haha, nothing... that's funny... I doubt it... My sis has nine piercings and she said she doesn't think that I could handle it..
    PinkLeo0805 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 10:43 AM
    What if I do it myself but w/ a needle?
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkLeo0805
    What if I do it myself but w/ a needle?
    Bad idea. You could hurt yourself. That's why piercers spend the money to get licensed.
    PinkLeo0805 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Oh thanks. Do you pierce ears? You know a LOT about the subject! Thanks... Wow earlier today I had no idea it was that bad to pierce it by yourself! My friend did it by herself and her mom didn't know. And a couple of weeks after she still looked fine. The reason I want to pierce it myself is because my mom doesn't want me to get mine pierced either, but I want to have mine pierced.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 12:15 AM
    I'm going to eventually be a body piercer. All I need is to find an apprenticeship. Sometimes people get lucky and have no problems with piercing themselves, but the odds aren't usually in their favor. If your mom doesn't want you to have them pierced, it wouldn't be a good idea to do it yourself anyway. Going against your parents wishes is never a good idea and can land you in a lot of trouble. Maybe one day your mom will let you get it done, but if you want it done that badly you need to show her you are responsible enough to have it. If she sees you are responsible, she may let you have it in the future. The best thing to do right now is just wait patiently. :)
    Vision Expert

Oct 29, 2007, 12:49 AM
    Yeah, piercing yourself is always a bad bad idea...
    abbbbxxxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 12:13 PM
    i want to get my nose pierced but the professional piercing place in my town will not do it because they use needles and i am under 16. (im 15, 16 in 8 months)
    whereas, if i go to a hairdressers i know in my town, they use a gun and have pierced a few of my friends' nose.
    i have heard that a gun hurts less because it is quicker so i want to opt for this option because i am pretty scared to pierce my nose cartilage!
    so i want the least bit of pain possible.
    i think a needle sounds safer, but all this stuff saying with the gun there is no room for the stud as its forced in. it can't be that bad. the size of the stud pin isn't very big. surely it isn't too much of a big deal? but i woudln't know ive never had anything pierced other than my belly button and ear lobes.
    i really want something pierced as i tried to get my lip pierced in the professional studio in town and they did my friends but not mine. i was gutted because they believed she was 16 (even though shes not shes only like 3 months older than me) and they didnt believe me so i went home without it and i was really excited to get it done!
    so now i want to get my nose pierced because i have heard they will do it by gun in the hairdresses, and i want something pierced or i will go nuts!
    needle sounds better but i wont be able to get it done professional only by gun. all my friends' noses have turned out okay, and it seems quicker and less painful.
    also, my mate had hers done with a needle first time, then it fell out and closed up then she had it done by gun second time which didnt fall out and has healed fine and she still has it. it looks lovely. someone please reply, im getting it done in a few days?
    (sorry for the massive essay! :| )
    Julez2000 Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Jan 24, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Yes it's fine. Needle is just as good but the gu is less painful :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercing [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I am thinking of getting my cartilage pierced.. I was wondering how much that would hurt?

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced 9 days ago and it seemed to be fine. Now it's red and is tender. There isn't any puss or scabs but it hurts to touch or lay on. Is this normal or is it infected? :confused:

Cartilage Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I got a third lobe and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

My cartilage piercing. [ 20 Answers ]

I always wanted my cartilage pierced, just a simple stud. Though, my mother never wanted me to do it. I was at a friends house 2 days ago who has a piercing gun, that is her mothers who has a license for piercings. Anyway, so since I always wanted it done, my friend did it. It's been 2 days, and...

Cartilage Piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I got a third lob and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

View more questions Search