Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adoozie58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 11:22 AM
    1978 Ford Econoline
    Hello :)

My friend has a 1978 Ford Econoline engine is a 318 or 360?

The Altenator was changed. Battery will not hold a charge. What charging system problem might this be?

Thank you! :)
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adoozie58
    Hello :)

My friend has a 1978 Ford Econoline engine is a 318 or 360?

The Altenator was changed. Battery will not hold a charge. What charging system problem might this be?

Thank you! :)
    The replacement alternator may be faulty.
    Or the battery may have a bad cell or is just too depleted to take another charge.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Or, it could be a defective voltage regulator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1978 kz650 [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I get done riding my 1978 kawasaki kz650 B2 it starts to leak fuel. It is not a constant pour, but about every thirty seconds it drains 2-3 ounces. Any ideas of what's wrong?

Seller lied on 1978 Ford Ranger in AZ. [ 6 Answers ]

I purchased a 1998 Ford Ranger on April 16th for $5,000 cash. The only did not have a clear title at the time and had to pay off a loan on the vehicle. He did not tell me this before I drove the 50 miles to see it. I liked the truck and told him the next day I would buy it if I could talk to the...

1978 Chevy Scottsdale [ 1 Answers ]

My husband recently purchased a 1978 Chevy Scottsdale (dirt cheap) it had a broken flexplate, he replaced the parts and the truck ran like butter for awhile. The other day the flex plate broke again. Now I'm not up on mechanical stuff and he tries hard any tranny knowledge would sure be greatly...

Need help to convert a 1978 650XS to Café [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings from SF. Need help to convert a 1978 650XS to Café. To begin with, I am trying to find out which gas tank fits to my xs... Hodaka,BSA, Triumph etc... and some advice about converting it into a café would gratly be appreciated. Maybe you have something in you garage that I need? ...

View more questions Search