Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supertoby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Lifespan
    What do you think that the lifespan is going to be in 50 years??
    Need answer its for class
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Oct 26, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Well, some people might say less because of pollution, new diseases, etc. But, medical technology is getting better and better all the time. Personally, I would say about the same, maybe a little longer. I think more people will live longer than before because we know more about early detection of diseases, have new vaccines on the market, and are improving technology-like the artificial heart. Also, I think we will have better technology/science to deal with environmental problems, not to mention more people are becoming aware of them. Hope that helps.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 12:20 PM
    You can go one of either two ways. Say it'll increase to around 100+ due to better health care. Or say it will decrease back doen to the 50s and 60s due to an increase in obesity causing rises in weight related health issues such as diabetes and cancers. You can also argue it will decrease because of overpopulation putting a strain on natural resources or the complete anniliation of the usefulness of antibiotics.

I don't think it'll matter what age you say as long as you give a good reason and do a bit of research into it.

Sounds like an interesting assignment - post up what you decide!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Average Lifespan [ 11 Answers ]

What is the average lifespan of a human? What is the average lifespan of an American? I'm not talking about death by natural causes. I know those numbers. But I also know that the majority of people (including Americans) don't make it to 40. Does anyone know what the real average lifespan is?...

View more questions Search