Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krissy21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 05:04 AM
    15 day Juice Fast
    Hello,

I was planning on doing a 15 day juice fast. About 5 days after that, I'm planning on going down South where I will be drinking alcohol. Will this hurt my body a lot? Once I get back, I was planning on doing a 30 day juice fast. I'm just wondering what will happen when I eat and drink during those 7 days away. Can someone please help me!?

Thanks,
    Krissy
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 07:45 AM
    You really want to mess up your body's metabolism, don't you? While I do not have a problem with a juice fast, I would not recommend one lasting longer than three days. Then to go and drink alcohol? No. Your body deserves better care than that.

If you are really bent on doing this, at least consult a nutrionist or your doctor.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Juice fast are only adviseable for a short duration, certainly not 15 or 30 days!! Juice fasting does clean out toxins and boost you immune system, but again a 3-5 days is the safest advice I can give you. And I'm saying a juice fast is safe for 3-5 days, once a month, tops! Your body needs protein and fiber to stay in a healthy state. And to put your body in this state, where you are cleansing and energizing your body, only to drink, and then go on another excessive fast is going to be hard on your body, I don't think any Doctor would recommend this kind of abuse for your body.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2007, 04:20 PM
    I wouldn't bother with a fast before going for a drinking binge. What would the purpose be-- clean out your system to shock a clean system with alcohol? Your body would probably take it better to go drink and then worry about getting it healthy. Also I would recommend healthy smoothies made with coconut milk and what ever fruits you want. Most juices really aren't that healthy unless you juice your own or buy health food store quality.
    Then once your system is cleaned out have a plan of what you are going to cut out of your daily diet rather than getting on a fad diet.
    Cut out junk foods. Try to follow IF you can't read it don't eat it.
    Use butter and cut out all vegetable, corn and canola oils.
    Try to buy stuff that says Omega on the label.
    Try switching to sea salt because regular salt retains fat.
    Raymonator Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Mar 16, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    I wouldn't bother with a fast before going for a drinking binge. What would the purpose be-- clean out your system to shock a clean system with alcohol? Your body would probably take it better to go drink and then worry about getting it healthy. Also I would recommend healthy smoothies made with coconut milk and what ever fruits you want. Most juices really aren't that healthy unless you juice your own or buy health food store quality.
    Then once your system is cleaned out have a plan of what you are going to cut out of your daily diet rather than getting on a fad diet.
    Cut out junk foods. Try to follow IF you can't read it don't eat it.
    Use butter and cut out all vegetable, corn and canola oils.
    Try to buy stuff that says Omega on the label.
    Try switching to sea salt because regular salt retains fat.
    All very good advice, except that regular salt retains water, not fat. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Juice fast questions (40 days) [ 18 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, I have some juice fasting questions I was hoping to get answered. :-) How long does average freshly squeezed juice stay fresh? If I want to drink 10 cups of juice do I have to juice it 10 times a day or can I make juice to last a day or two? I know pineapple juice has to be drunk...

40 Day juice fasting! [ 18 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, I am embarking on a 40 day juice fast for two reasons; to cure obsessive eating and weight loss. Research I have done indicates that following a juice fast can not only cause weight loss, but actually cure diseases and addictions! The problem is that I keep running into mental...

Fault to pay rent on day by day lease [ 3 Answers ]

My father rented a house in Rockport, Texas to a small family. He used a verbal contract with stating it would be week by week basis. If they didn't pay they would have to leave. Well they have not paid in nearly a month. My dad kept giving them chances. Well now they will not move. My question...

Juice fast [ 3 Answers ]

How long does it take to start to lose weight when you juice fast?

Why we drink juice? [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me: 1)Why we drink fruit juice?Why is it good for us? 2)Why we should drink juice in the morning.( for example not in the night) Please answer me completely and/or tell me where (On Internet) I can find more information. Regards

View more questions Search