Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moumen Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 01:51 AM
    Child Abuse and Discrimination at Catholic Providence St. Vincent Hospital
    Child Abuse and Discrimination at Non-Profits, Catholic Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, the largest hospital in Oregon
    Portland Hospital Criticized Over Employment Practices - Salem-News.Com
    Thank you Mr. Tim King from salem-news.com for bringing my story to public light you are really a brave media person with dignity
    washington county local news and views classifieds - craigslist
    To all media all over the world
    To all who care about children and human's rights
    To whom it may concern and care

My wife and I are working as on-call; cleaning attendants at the housekeeping department at Providence St. Vincent Hospital in Oregon/Barns Road
    On May 1st 2007, I picked up my 8-year-old daughter from school because she was very sick. I had to take her with me to the supervisor's room at my work, day and evening shift Supervisors were there, I asked them all: "I need help". One of them asked me: "what is the problem?" I told her: "Please allow me to start working late or release my wife from her work early because my daughter is very sick and she needs one of us to take care of her".
    The same supervisor replied: "No, you must start at 2:30pm" (it was 2:30pm that time when it happen), I told her: "What about my daughter?" The same supervisor answers me: "Lay your daughter on the couch in the break room until her Mom finishes her work at 5:00pm".
    I did so, because I didn't know the rules and the laws that time. I was afraid to lose my job if I did not follow their instructions; my family would suffer financially, so I did what they told me to do.
    One of supervisors called my wife, I talked to her and told her "Our daughter is very sick and the supervisor told me to lay her down on the couch in the break room, so take her home with you when you are done working at 5:00pm".
    There was a meeting that day in the break room, I asked my supervisor if I needed to attend the meeting, she told me: "Go to you workplace, check if you have any urgent things to do, then come back to attend the meeting".
    So I attended the meeting, sitting next to my daughter, the meeting was held for about 30-45 minuets, after the meeting I had to go back to work and leave my daughter alone again.
    My daughter was in pain; she had a fever, throat and mouth infection, crying lying on the couch alone in the break room with out any of her parent for some time. (30 minuets before the meeting and about 1-hour after that meeting until our friend picked her up with my wife)
    The supervisor at Providence St. Vincent Hospital/Oregon has forced the parent of little an 8 years-old daughter to work while the parents are on-call workers. They had put the little girl's life in danger by ordering me to lay her down on the couch alone in the break room for few hours with no one to watch her, or take care of her.
    Beside that there was a lot of discrimination in the housekeeping department at providence St. Vincent hospital and they are not fair with the workers. I complained to the department manager, to the HR department and to the hospital manager about the following, but they never come back to me with a fair solution, I complained about:
     One time I was wearing scrub jacket on the top of my uniform. The supervisor told me that I could not wear that jacket. I told her "I fill cold while I am working in the kitchen". She told me if I want a jacket to wear I must buy one from them. Then when I told her I am on-call worker and I can not afford to buy it. She replied: "if you did not take 2 days off (that time I applied for 2 days off) and if you work those 2 days you are asking to be off you can afford when you get paid for those 2 days". She says that to me while there is one worker he never buy uniform and he never wear uniform for about 9 months and not one of the supervisors or manager talked to him about it.
     Wile I am working at the kitchen, there were 3 safety issue:
    1. A kitchen worker got a back injury 2 times during his work and he never came back to work after that. I asked the supervisor and the department manager about that injury information so the other kitchen workers and me can avoid future injury. But they said there is no information about that. I fill they are trying to hide that safety information. (It has been more than 8 months now and still there is no information).
    2. I reported 2 safety issues at the kitchen (one old sink has been canceled but the sharp piping still there on the wall, the other issue was about the trash chute, there are 4 screws out that can hurt someone), but they never took any action.
     There were two open full time positions, one in the OR/Kitchen and the other one at SPD. I applied for the OR/Kitchen. While another worker applied for both. Someone crosses his name from 2nd position and they chose to give him the first one as a full time job. By removing his name from the 2nd one they don't want me have my chance to have that full time job at the OR/Kitchen.
     Disrupting me by accusing me that I am giving a hard time to one of the workers because he got a full time job and I did not get that job. The worker gave verbal statement to the manager that he never said that and he never had any hard time with me. They never come back to me for that, they never investigate why that fools accuse me of what happen, Who is behind it? And what do they mean by saying that fools accuse to me?
     Giving a full time job to some on-call workers after a few weeks, while some others they did not get any full time job or any benefits yet. Some workers still waiting the benefits for over 3 years.
     Giving a full time job to someone without posting as normally they do.
     My wife and I worked more than 40 hours a week for many months (I started on Nov. 6, 2006, my wife on Jan 6, 2007); they never gave us any benefits or any full time job.
     On Sept. 12, 2007 I reported a job injury that a sharp long needle in the trash poked me. The needle should be placed in a sharp biohazard box container. My family and I were suffering that I may had AIDS or some other serious disease that will may end my life and/or my wife's life
    They forced me to work and they did not let my wife go earlier while we are on-call workers.
    They threaten my sick 8 year-old daughter's life by making me lay her down on the couch without any attendance of any adults for about 2 hours, waiting for her mother to finish her work at the same hospital.
    Providence MISSION: "As People of Providence we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service"
     I need help from a brave person with dignity from Oregonian newspaper, TV cahnnel 2, channel 8 and channel 12 a brave media to publish the story in the Media in Alaska, California, Montana, Oregon, Washington and all over the world, so the public knows what management they have at Non-Profits, Catholic Sisters of Providence Hospital
     Is there any State/Federal department can investigate my daughter's story and take the legal action about that abuse?
     I am asking for fair and justice for my family's pain, suffering, health insurance benefits losing and other damages
    I know there are lots of good people around there somewhere, any one there? Please help
    God bless you all
    moumen at comcast
    Moumen Al Khachi
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 02:25 AM
    You've done this before: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...al-141896.html
    moumen Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 02:27 AM
    This is the full story, thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 26, 2007, 02:27 AM
    As you have posted this before I'm closing this one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Child Abuse At Sisters Of Providence St. Vincent Hospital [ 8 Answers ]

Hi My name is Moumen Al Khachi, I am here in Oregon *. Is there any State/Federal department can investigate my daughter's story and take the legal action about that abuse? She been abused by my soprvisor at Prvidence St. Vinsent Hospital, I don't know wer to go. I tried to contact all the...

Child on child sexual abuse [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, Today I found out that my 13 year old grand daughter touched another 13 year old boys penis. He is so tramatized by the ordeal and his mother is just sick. I'm am at a wits end as to how to handle the situation. Legally what should be done about this. The boys mom wants my grand...

Child Abuse [ 5 Answers ]

I Need As Child Abuse Thesis Asap

Child abuse [ 1 Answers ]

Is this a good thesis for child abuse? Child abuse is reported on an average of 10 seconds. Yes or no

Can a child be baptized Catholic and Protestant? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a religious dilemma. I was raised Catholic and married a man who was baptized Methodist. He never went to church with his parents and they never taught him about religion, so he pretty much developed his own relationship with God, and does not agree with organized religion. He does not,...

View more questions Search