Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    berrybunny Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 12:08 AM
    Theft under $5000 at the Bay Vancouver.
    I did something I'm not proud of ans wish I never did. My friend and I stole items between around $500 3 times at the Bay, getting caught the last . I told them everything as the people who brought us in were really good interrogators, and when I asked if I'd get a permanent record they said yes. A police came and gave us both tickets saying we had to get our fingerprints recorded and go to court. We were to never set foot in... (u no the rest), but they wanted me to return their merchandise the next time so I did.
    I can't afford a lawyer. I no its around 500 but I don't earn any money. I'm 18 so I guess I don't have much chance? How should I protect myself when I go to court and what do I say to the judge? Most likely I'd have to plead guilty but I don't know how I can avoid a criminal record, for all I know they stay with you till you die. Tell me anything you know! Thank you!
    In the end if I do get a record, does every employer have the right to check them?
    Would I be able to go back to my home country china again?(I'm canadian btw)

- A Vancouver citizen
    goldnugget Posts: 99, Reputation: 9

Oct 26, 2007, 12:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by berrybunny
    I did something im not proud of ans wish i never did. My friend and I stole items between around $500 3 times at the Bay, getting caught the last . I told them everything as the ppl who brought us in were really good interrogators, and when i asked if i'd get a permanent record they said yes. A police came and gave us both tickets saying we had to get our fingerprints recorded and go to court. We were to never set foot in.....(u no the rest), but they wanted me to return their merchandise the next time so i did.
    I can't afford a lawyer. i no its around 500 but i don't earn any money. I'm 18 so I guess i don't have much chance?? How should I protect myself when i go to court and what do i say to the judge? most likely i'd have to plead guilty but i dunno how i can avoid a criminal record, for all i know they stay with you till you die. tell me anything you know!! thank you!!
    in the end if i do get a record, does every employer have the right to check them?
    would i be able to go back to my home country china again?(i'm canadian btw)

- A Vancouver citizen
    18 is old enough to know better. You deserve whatever punishment the court decides to give you regardless of legal representation.

Learn your lesson and become a better member of society but you will just have to live with the consequences of your actions.

Best of luck.
    berrybunny Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by goldnugget
    18 is old enough to know better. You deserve whatever punishment the court decides to give you regardless of legal representation.

Learn your lesson and become a better member of society but you will just have to live with the consequences of your actions.

Best of luck.
    It was stupid and irresponsible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under 5000 - under 18 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a 17 year old high school student living in Ontario Canada. Recently, I have found an unattended purse in the hallway and I took it and stole $5 and than threw the purse somewhere randomly in my school. My principle caught me on camera and I was suspended for 10 days, also because I...

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

Theft under 5000 [ 4 Answers ]

I stole 2000 from a superstore 10 months ago and I am just being asked by the cops about it now I don't work there anymore of course. I have never been in trouble before and I am 23 years old I was wondering how much trouble I am in and what should I do? I am very scared and I have a 2 year old...

Theft- Under 5000 [ 1 Answers ]

Yea I am an idiot. I know that so please hold the insults. I live in Toronto and I recently made a big mistake (works both ways) First off, I got greedy and stole a case in which I thought held two PS3's. However I took the wrong box and instead stole a case with two Mobile Audio Players (Mini...

View more questions Search