Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Stringer, I admire you for continuing to stay there. I would have moved into a motel far away. Very scary story!!
    I wasn't that brave Wonder, we stayed for about 5 more months when the lease expired, then we left, I might add a hurry. I would like to tell you about the old cellar in this place, wow, scary place, especially after all that happened.
    Business Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    I wasn't that brave Wonder, we stayed for about 5 more months when the lease expired, then we left, I might add in a hurry. I would like to tell you about the old cellar in this place, wow, scary place, especially after all that happened.
    It is going to be a busy business day... lots of "bad guys" to corral. But I will try later or tomorrow; Sat.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 12:17 PM
    I would be very interested in reading what happened to you, please post it.
    Hi there Stringer!
    Certain personalities are just more sensitive to things around us. I have had many incidents in my life but the following is one that I find difficult to shake or understand because it is within my belief, that when a person dies, they do go on from here and don't hang around!! We ran around with a couple. Both were very likeable but while the man would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it, he trusted no one. He would never turn his back on a person. He always carried a pistol and back then (several years back), I am not sure he had a firearms carry permit or not. One time he picked up a hitch hiker (as he stated, he sure hated to see some one stranded) and he had his leather jacket on, the passenger began to reach into his pocket. Our friend, had his hand inside his jacket as they traveled and just casually, cocked back the hammer as the other guy reached into his jacket. The conversation never stopped but the passenger, very carefully and slowly, pulled his hand back out and sat with his hands on his legs, in the open from then on. I said all of this to sort of preface the ending. Time passed, the couple divorced but my friend always loved this man. They married really young had two children, grandchildren but as things often do, fell apart and they parted. He remarried later, had retired from his life long job and purchased a little grocery/gasoline station down by one of many lakes. Word came that our friend had been killed. Shock barely touched what we felt and no understanding of what happened. As details emerged, a young boy was arrested, just walking down the country road. Our friend had given he and his family groceries when they were out of money many times and had extended credit for gasoline and gave gasoline for their truck when needed. Our friend never turned his back on anyone as I stated yet, this one day, the young guy came in and our friend walked to the back of the store to get something for the guy and the guy stabbed our friend to death then simply walked away. No drugs were involved, he took no money, had blood on him. We had been through our own trauma during this time and wanted to be there for the family as they had been for us. I went to court everyday in another county. There was never a change of expression on the young mans face as it was told what had happened. He received the death penalty and has been put to death.

Ok, I am a stickler for details and journaling, as you can see! I am wordy, forgive, I digress. Okay, one evening, after going through all the trial, etc. I had written in my journal on the events of the day. It was winter and I was cold and was standing in front of our furnace as I reread my entries to make sure I had not made mistakes or had not left details out. As I stood there, I not only felt someone was standing behind me but saw A.J. standing just behind my right shoulder, saw his face as he peered over my right shoulder reading my journal. I turned around quickly and no image, nothing. Being a person, as I said of believing as I do, I didn't share this for a bit. Later, my friend, his ex-wife shared with me that she had seen him ascending her stairs inside her townhouse apartment and on two other occasions, saw him in her house. (He had never lived in that house with her as they had divorced long time past). It was almost like he was trying to grasp what had happened. The question that will always remain with us is why did A.J. turn his back on someone, this one time, when he never had before in all the years we had known him. Sweet man, giving man, distrusting man, except this one time.
    Business Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Hi there Stringer!
    Certain personalities are just more sensitive to things around us. I have had many incidents in my life but the following is one that I find difficult to shake or understand because it is within my belief, that when a person dies, they do go on from here and don't hang around!!! We ran around with a couple. Both were very likeable but while the man would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it, he trusted no one. He would never turn his back on a person. He always carried a pistol and back then (several years back), I am not sure he had a firearms carry permit or not. One time he picked up a hitch hiker (as he stated, he sure hated to see some one stranded) and he had his leather jacket on, the passenger began to reach into his pocket. Our friend, had his hand inside his jacket as they traveled and just casually, cocked back the hammer as the other guy reached into his jacket. The conversation never stopped but the passenger, very carefully and slowly, pulled his hand back out and sat with his hands on his legs, in the open from then on. I said all of this to sort of preface the ending. Time passed, the couple divorced but my friend always loved this man. They married really young had two children, grandchildren but as things often do, fell apart and they parted. He remarried later, had retired from his life long job and purchased a little grocery/gasoline station down by one of many lakes. Word came that our friend had been killed. Shock barely touched what we felt and no understanding of what happened. As details emerged, a young boy was arrested, just walking down the country road. Our friend had given he and his family groceries when they were out of money many times and had extended credit for gasoline and gave gasoline for their truck when needed. Our friend never turned his back on anyone as I stated yet, this one day, the young guy came in and our friend walked to the back of the store to get something for the guy and the guy stabbed our friend to death then simply walked away. No drugs were involved, he took no money, had blood on him. We had been through our own trauma during this time and wanted to be there for the family as they had been for us. I went to court everyday in another county. There was never a change of expression on the young mans face as it was told what had happened. He received the death penalty and has been put to death.

Ok, I am a stickler for details and journaling, as you can see! I am wordy, forgive, I digress. Okay, one evening, after going through all the trial, etc., I had written in my journal on the events of the day. It was winter and I was cold and was standing in front of our furnace as I reread my entries to make sure I had not made mistakes or had not left details out. As I stood there, I not only felt someone was standing behind me but saw A.J. standing just behind my right shoulder, saw his face as he peered over my right shoulder reading my journal. I turned around quickly and no image, nothing. Being a person, as I said of believing as I do, I didn't share this for a bit. Later, my friend, his ex-wife shared with me that she had seen him ascending her stairs inside her townhouse apartment and on two other occasions, saw him in her house. (He had never lived in that house with her as they had divorced long time past). It was almost like he was trying to grasp what had happened. The question that will always remain with us is why did A.J. turn his back on someone, this one time, when he never had before in all the years we had known him. Sweet man, giving man, distrusting man, except this one time.
    Great story Jrebel, not being an expert in these matters (doubt that anyone really is) I would wonder if that is really why. He is shocked and trying to understand exactly what had occurred to him?
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Hey there Stringer,
    LOL Who knows but true stories such as the one you shared and this one and others who share their experiences are always interesitng to me. I just don't dwell on them or try to figure them out too much. Always makes fur a good story though! :) Miles to go before I sleep!
    Business Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Hey there Stringer,
    LOL Who knows but true stories such as the one you shared and this one and others who share their experiences are always interesitng to me. I just don't dwell on them or try to figure them out too much. Always makes fur a good story though! :) Miles to go before I sleep!
    Understood, best to maybe put them in the back of your mind.:)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 01:06 PM
    We should put together an AMHD book and get it published. Jreb and Stringer will be in the "Things That Go Bump in the Night" chapter.
    Business Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 01:13 PM
    We should put together an AMHD book and get it published. Jreb and Stringer will be in the "Things That Go Bump in the Night" chapter.
    Yeah I guess Wonder (ful person?), but the true story would be me waking to go to the bathroom and that "thump" would be my toe and the pretty words that would follow... waking my beautiful wife... oh no, not again.:eek:
    Business Expert

Nov 7, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Ok, I should elaborate here but I only have a minute.

Keeping in mind the "occurrences" I spoke of before, I have to tell you that this house had a very "spooky" cellar. Dark with only several light bulbs hanging from long electrical cords. Many different rooms, cravennesses, old furniture with cobwebs covered with old dusty sheets. A little damp and a lot dungy. A lot of very personal history was stored here.

Remember that Mrs. Prichard loved her old things and kept almost everything, apparently she didn't throw away anything. It didn't seem that anyone had gone through this cellar after she died, nothing was disturbed. There were some very small windows but they didn't allow much light through. That light that did filter through was very dim because the windows were dirty and covered with those cobwebs.

Several times I had to go down there; fuse box, etc. A couple times, (during the day) I ventured down just to look around.

You ALWAYS had a very strange feeling when down there. A feeling that there was a lot of their history here and that you may not be welcome... you were an outsider.

Well... before all the things that happened, my ex-wife wanted to go and look at everything. Let me tell you that we found some very interesting things, old, very old pictures, books, a box that was full of old lace, old china, etc. Everything was covered with these sheets that had about an inch of dust-just like the attic.

There were about 8 different rooms, one was an old coal room that still had coal even though the house was converted to gas heat now. It was as if time had stopped and everything just stayed the same since the last person was there, apparently many years ago. She uncovered many things, we spent about two hours looking through many boxes that were stored neatly.

When we were ready to go back upstairs I mentioned to my ex that we should put everything back neatly as we found it... She said that wasn't necessary, "who is going to care about this stuff?

I have to admit, I always had some anxiety when I had to go down there and felt that things should have been put back in the same order as before.

Two days after the experience with my son (sitting at the top of the stairs) a fuse blew out.
    With a flashlight in hand for additional light I went down by myself. I had told her about the incident with Bryan and she didn't want to go down there...now.

Went down, replaced the fuse, all was fine. As I went back up the cellar stairs about half way up something tugged on my foot. This was NOT my imagination, something held my left foot for about a second or two. I jumped forward and pulled my leg up, I felt the resistance. I think I literally got to the top of the stairs in one jump.

I tried to tell her what happened, of course she didn't believe me. It is so easy to just say; "you're crazy, you have a fantastic imagination." "You are just trying to scare me, stop it!"

Only after all the rest occurred did I hear her mention to Mrs. Janeiro that I had this "thing" happen in the cellar. Mrs. Janeiro told her "you are messing with something you do not understand sweety."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 7, 2007, 09:40 PM
    Now you are really creeping me out, Stringer!
    Business Expert

Nov 7, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Now you are really creeping me out, Stringer!
    Wonder, I haven't told this story to too many people. There is something that my Mother told me after I told her what was going on. She simply said "listen to me, don't talk about this, you will bring them back, they can attach themselves to you and follow you wherever you go.."

So I have pretty much stopped telling people. When I did tell everyone that would listen shortly after it all happened, people had many different reactions. But since I swear this happened, I came to realize that most did believe me because I was telling the truth. I found people staring in my face to see if I WAS being truthful. And in most all of them I could see that they did believe me. Funny, but after a while that gave me some reassurance, some peace of mind, that some really did.
    Business Expert

Nov 7, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Clough where are you lately?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Clough where are you lately?
    Reading your story that has taken me forever to get to. :)
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 01:26 AM
    Stringer, you are NOT windy! You are an excellent story teller! Had me on the edge of my seat, and I LOVE stuff like this! :) You had me caught up in it from the word "go".

For the record... I believe you.

Hugs, Didi
    Business Expert

Nov 11, 2007, 03:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    Stringer, you are NOT windy! You are an excellent story teller! Had me on the edge of my seat, and I LOVE stuff like this! :) You had me caught up in it from the word "go".

For the record... I believe you.

Hugs, Didi
    Thank you Gram, as I said it is reassuring that people do. Not many, but some over the years have laughed or believed that it wasn't true. I can again tell you that it was (period)

When I think of those instances where people didn't I think possibly that they did but it made them feel better or even safer if they said they did not.

Thank you again,
    Stringer:)
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2008, 11:51 PM

Just thought that it might be a good time to revive this thread! Even though it's somewhat dated, information posted it on it could be a good resource for others searching for this kind of thing.
    Business Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 01:09 AM

Glad that you restarted it Clough.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 01:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Glad that you restarted it Clough.
    Thanks, Stringer! I don't think that it's going to be that visible though because it's already old and, to my understanding because of the way the system works, it will only show up in the topic area and not on the pages in general where things are currently happening. I hope that made sense...
    Business Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Thanks, Stringer! I don't think that it's going to be that visible though because it's already old and, to my understanding because of the way the system works, it will only show up in the topic area and not on the pages in general where things are currently happening. I hope that made sense...
    Yep, it did. Then I would suggest that you start another one now but just change the "heading" some?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writing short stories and an autobiography in segments [ 1 Answers ]

I have never submitted a story of mine to any publisher, book company, etc. is there a specific way to do this? How do I even start? Is there a specific way my material needs to be packaged/presented? Do I single space it, double space it? Where would the best place be to legitimately send it...

Short jokes [ 0 Answers ]

I absolutely LOVE those one liners. Mainly the horrible pun jokes. Some are just stupid. If you've got any more, throw 'em at me. Note: I stole a few of these from my sister When is a tractor not a tractor? When it turns into a barn. Two goldfish are in a tank, one turns to the other and say,...

More Short Jokes . [ 3 Answers ]

Here are some more one liners from funny-man Jimmy Carr (legend!) to brighten up this horribly rainy day, hope you all like them! No matter how much you give a homeless person for tea, you never get that tea. I grew up in Slough in the 1970s. If you want to know what Slough was like in the...

Does anyone write short stories? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I write a lot of short stories. It is so much fun. I put them on the internet for all to read. There is a special place on the net you can write your stories. We all compare our stories and talk about them. Mine are fiction so far. Just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who likes...

View more questions Search