Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Oct 26, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Ya I'm trying to remember as much of it as I can... truth be told I couldn't remember how Phillip ended up in the woods... so I went with that until it got to the werewolf attack. I think the way I read it when I was little was he got lost in the woods but I couldn't remember how he got out there. But other then that the story is the same. I'm so mad I've been searching for the original all day!! I know I had it in a folder along with the first book I wrote when I was 11 (It was like 20 pages long and was inspired by a game of barbie drama me and a guy friend played >.<)
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Did you hear about the cannibal that got expelled from school?

He was buttering up his teacher.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 01:50 PM
    What are vampires favorite breed of dog?

Bloodhounds!

What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumplin by its radius?

Pumpkin Pi!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Halloween's just around the corner, everyone! :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Did everyone buy candy yet, for handouts?

Did everyone begin to test the handout candy yet, make sure it's free of razor blades and poison?
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    The only Halloween story I know by heart is the one about the severed head hanging by a rope and thudding against the side of the car that two amorous teenagers have parked under a huge, spreading tree deep in a cornfield.

The dry stalks rustle in the night breeze. As the couple is rapturously necking, a somewhat soft and liquidy noise is heard.

*thud*

*thud*

*thud*

*thud*

The noise seems to be coming from right outside the car, like something is hitting against it. Maybe it's a tree branch. The boyfriend gets out of the car to investigate. She waits patiently, but he doesn't return.

Then, the girl, worried about the boy, gets out of the car to look for him.

The ending is too scary and upsetting to tell here.

Originally Posted by BiWiccanAndProud
    oh do tell do tell!! ^.^ gorry stories are so much fun!

Originally Posted by Clough
    I agree! Why keep us in suspense?

As you say in your profile "Don't make me stand up and walk over there!" don't make me have to come over there and shake the ending out of you! You're practically next door to me, you know?
    Wondergirl agrees: If you answer my improv (in Music) question, I MIGHT finish this story. MIGHT...
    Are you ever going to finish the above story? I think that I held up my end of the deal pretty well, and will continue to do so! :D
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 05:19 PM
    The improv question still needs an audio response.

I've been taking the temperature of the members here since I joined in June, and I really hesitate to upset you and give you recurring nightmares by telling the rest of the story. It's very depressing and even a little bit psychotic--and probably RickJ would kick me off the site for being the harbinger of... well, you know...
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 05:29 PM
    The improv question still needs an audio response.

I've been taking the temperature of the members here since I joined in June, and I really hesitate to upset you and give you recurring nightmares by telling the rest of the story. It's very depressing and even a little bit psychotic--and probably RickJ would kick me off the site for being the harbinger of ... well, you know ....
    HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!! LOL!!!! (For real!!!!) :D

Oh, you real got me with that answer! Very clever! You truly are a "Wonder!"

But, you are changing the rules here. No fair! You never specified that you wanted an audio response!

If you get an audio response, are you going to finish it?

I suppose that the next thing your going to ask me to do is start posting music manuscript in my answers also! (Don't even think about it!)

I'm sure that you are a clever enough writer that you can change an ending so that it won't be so... Well, you know...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Oh, all right.

It turned out OK. The boyfriend got lost in the dark and finally got back to the car just as his girlfriend was getting out to look for him. They hugged in joy and happiness. He remembered there was a flashlight in the glove compartment, so he shined it around, looking for the source of the thudding noise. It was just a branch like they had thought, so they got back into the car and went to her house where her mother gave them steaming mugs of hot chocolate with a dollop of whipped cream on top and some carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Everyone was happy and laughing. Even her dad sat down with them and shared some of his best Halloween jokes and stories. The End.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Oh, all right.

It turned out ok. The boyfriend got lost in the dark and finally got back to the car just as his girlfriend was getting out to look for him. They hugged in joy and happiness. He remembered there was a flashlight in the glove compartment, so he shined it around, looking for the source of the thudding noise. It was just a branch like they had thought, so they got back into the car and went to her house where her mother gave them steaming mugs of hot chocolate with a dollop of whipped cream on top and some carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Everyone was happy and laughing. Even her dad sat down with them and shared some of his best Halloween jokes and stories. The End.
    LOL!! Hey Wondergirl, are you sure that was the ending? Well, I heard a little different rendition of it when I was in jr high and it scared the bejeebees out of me! Maybe that was why I never would go "park"!! LOL
    And no... Craig... I don't think I want to type the ending I heard. It wasn't anything risqué, just scared me and I want to sleep tonight! :p
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Is this basically the same as the hook story?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 06:23 PM
    (Pssst, jrebel. Why do you think I told that ending? I don't want Clough to lose sleep if he heard the REAL ending. He's too nice a guy to scare that way. And once we teens heard the entire story, we made out only on Devil's Nose and in the tunnel of love at Sea Breeze in Rochester and at Roseland Park in Canandaigua. No more cornfields for us! )
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Hmmm, the hook story? That just might be very similar...
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 06:28 PM
    (Pssst, jrebel. Why do you think I told that ending?? I don't want Clough to lose sleep if he heard the REAL ending. He's too nice a guy to scare that way. And once we teens heard the entire story, we made out only on Devil's Nose and in the tunnel of love at Sea Breeze in Rochester and at Roseland Park in Canandaigua. No more cornfields for us!!)

:p :p :p I liked your ending to the story ever so much better!! LOL I agree, he is too nice of a guy to scare that way! I enjoyed the suspense you put him through though! (Just teasing Craig!) Well, sort of, yeah, teasing, that's right, teasing! ;)
    You sound like a fun person Wondergirl!
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    I think it might very well have been!! :eek:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    You sound like a fun person Wondergirl!
    Oh yeah, that's me. Fun, fun, fun.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    Actually, I think there's a bit more blood in the hook story, and, of course, the cornfield story can't match the hook story for the immediate hysteria and hopelessness that set in at the end.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 06:49 PM
    (Pssst, jrebel. Why do you think I told that ending?? I don't want Clough to lose sleep if he heard the REAL ending. He's too nice a guy to scare that way. And once we teens heard the entire story, we made out only on Devil's Nose and in the tunnel of love at Sea Breeze in Rochester and at Roseland Park in Canandaigua. No more cornfields for us!!)
    :eek: BOOOOOOO!! I HEARD THAT!! SCARED YA, DIDN'T I?!?! :eek:

Remember, I'm a musician as well as a piano tuner. I have really good hearing!

That endings NOT scary enough! I can handle it, really I can! Thanks for the compliment, by the way! :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 06:52 PM
    THE SUMMIT BRIDGE
    Written by Jrebel7

Far beyond the bright lights of the city,
    Shame, shame, what a pity;
    A car in the night ran through the rail,
    Left no trace but a gory trail.

The squealing tires and the smashing blow,
    Can still be heard down Summit Row;
    The screaming voices of the dead,
    Echo loudly through your head.

A headless ghoul slinking through the night,
    My! My, what a fright,
    Haunting those who dare to tread
    Across her everlasting bed.

Those who have not seen the misty veil,
    Claim it is only a weird tale,
    Those who've braved the night and seen the veil,
    Claim to have been put under her spell.

Brave and fearless though men may be,
    Shall be terrified by the sight they see.
    The stroke of midnight brings her out,
    The headless ghoul running about.

While cars continue to tread the bridge,
    She lies below the rivers ridge,
    Telling her story to the passersby,
    Through her ghostly lullaby.

The story passes from old to young,
    About foul play which had been done.
    A mystery remains around the ridge,
    Since the wreck at the Summit Bridge.

I grew up hearing about this accident at the bridge. Made a visit at night with friends. Had an interesting experience... wrote the poem. I didn't go into all that the story did because it was sad plus very frightening and I have had enough fear in life to last a lifetime.
    I have always been interested in the supernatural, psychic ability, stories of people seeing things others cannot see. I am a bit psychic myself. I began innocently studying Psychic Phenomenon in college on my own and learning of ghost sightings. I pulled friends in with me and we would go “ghost hunting”. I was 18 years old; open to ideas that made no sense to most. Later I felt for me, it was a wrong thing to pursue even though I do have many experiences that happen without my pursuing them however, feel those things are blessings, in that it usually helps someone in real trouble.

Hope you enjoy the poem!
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    THE SUMMIT BRIDGE
    Written by Jrebel7

Far beyond the bright lights of the city,
    Shame, shame, what a pity;
    A car in the night ran through the rail,
    Left no trace but a gory trail.

The squealing tires and the smashing blow,
    Can still be heard down Summit Row;
    The screaming voices of the dead,
    Echo loudly through your head.

A headless ghoul slinking through the night,
    My! My, what a fright,
    Haunting those who dare to tread
    Across her everlasting bed.

Those who have not seen the misty veil,
    Claim it is only a weird tale,
    Those who’ve braved the night and seen the veil,
    Claim to have been put under her spell.

Brave and fearless though men may be,
    Shall be terrified by the sight they see.
    The stroke of midnight brings her out,
    The headless ghoul running about.

While cars continue to tread the bridge,
    She lies below the rivers ridge,
    Telling her story to the passersby,
    Through her ghostly lullaby.

The story passes from old to young,
    About foul play which had been done.
    A mystery remains around the ridge,
    Since the wreck at the Summit Bridge.

I grew up hearing about this accident at the bridge. Made a visit at night with friends. Had an interesting experience.......wrote the poem. I didn't go into all that the story did because it was sad plus very frightening and I have had enough fear in life to last a lifetime.
    I have always been interested in the supernatural, psychic ability, stories of people seeing things others cannot see. I am a bit psychic myself. I began innocently studying Psychic Phenomenon in college on my own and learning of ghost sightings. I pulled friends in with me and we would go “ghost hunting”. I was 18 years old; open to ideas that made no sense to most. Later I felt for me, it was a wrong thing to pursue even though I do have many experiences that happen without my pursuing them however, feel those things are blessings, in that it usually helps someone in real trouble.

Hope you enjoy the poem!
    Now, that's more like it! Nice poem, Jan!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writing short stories and an autobiography in segments [ 1 Answers ]

I have never submitted a story of mine to any publisher, book company, etc. is there a specific way to do this? How do I even start? Is there a specific way my material needs to be packaged/presented? Do I single space it, double space it? Where would the best place be to legitimately send it...

Short jokes [ 0 Answers ]

I absolutely LOVE those one liners. Mainly the horrible pun jokes. Some are just stupid. If you've got any more, throw 'em at me. Note: I stole a few of these from my sister When is a tractor not a tractor? When it turns into a barn. Two goldfish are in a tank, one turns to the other and say,...

More Short Jokes . [ 3 Answers ]

Here are some more one liners from funny-man Jimmy Carr (legend!) to brighten up this horribly rainy day, hope you all like them! No matter how much you give a homeless person for tea, you never get that tea. I grew up in Slough in the 1970s. If you want to know what Slough was like in the...

Does anyone write short stories? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I write a lot of short stories. It is so much fun. I put them on the internet for all to read. There is a special place on the net you can write your stories. We all compare our stories and talk about them. Mine are fiction so far. Just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who likes...

View more questions Search