Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ejmar53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 10:47 PM
    Casablance ceiling fan and comfort touch remotes
    I have three casablanca ceiling fans with comfort touch remotes and it does not activate the light nor the fan and they all malfunction within the same week. I have changed the batteries and I do notn know what to do. Thank you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 07:53 AM
    It is very unusual for 3 fans to all fail at the same time. Are they all on the same circuit and have you verified power reaching the canopy of each light? I'd start there and come back with your results.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Unfortunately Casablanca no longer manufactures Comfort Touch. They may have a limited number of parts available for them.

My guess is a power surge fried them all at once.

It is a good suggestion to make sure all the fans are still getting power.
    lafew1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 05:49 PM
    We have a comfort touch module. I recall that the security and test buttons need to be pressed simultaneously to reset the pre-set channel. At times, the pre-set channel is changed by an installer. If so, then the channel needs to correspond with the channel that you plan to use. There was a way to hit the arrows. We found out from a qualified Casablanca Rep how it is done. However, I have since forgotten, so we have looked and reset the fans to use the default channel on the Comfort Touch unit..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan wiring, 2 blk, 2 what, 1 red, 1 grn from ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

I am attempting to install a hampden bay minuet 2 fan. The prexisting ceiling wires consist of two black, two white, 1 red, and my ground wire. A basic lite fixture was installed previously and controlled by a single wall switch. The wall switch has 1 red on the bottom and two black on the top...

Ceiling fan remotes [ 3 Answers ]

We have 3 Hampton Bay fans in one area. I bought one remote and was told that I would need 3 receivers that's OK but I don't want 3 remotes and the hardware store does not sell just the receivers. Is there a place to order them on line .I went to Hampton Bay site no help... thanks

A problem with ceiling fans and remotes, see question #2 [ 2 Answers ]

This morning, my bathroom gfi outlets in all bathrooms won't work. The one with the black trip button and red reset button won't allow me to push the button in to trip/break. Also, I have tripped/reset my kitchen outlets and tripped/reset ALL the breakers in my outside box. Still won't work, trip...

Ceiling fans remotes [ 1 Answers ]

A loha ceiling fans. I live in central Florida. My electric goes out a lot of times during hurrican season. The transmitter on 5 fans go out after power failures. What can I do to solve this problem. I called Aloha in Texas and they said they do not recommand a transmtter in my area. I really want...

Ceiling Fan Remotes & Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions... Is direct line of site to the receiver required for a remote, or does it work with radio waves? If I want to control the light from a wall switch in addition to controlling the same light (and the fan) from a wireless remote, is there a way to wire it so that if the power is...

View more questions Search