Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alisha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2005, 10:53 PM
    Depression?
    I have a best friend who is depressed or I believe is depressed we tell each other prettymuch everything if she talks about depressed things listening to her over and over pretty much the same thing over and over worrying about her and everything in my life make me depressed to :confused:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2005, 04:34 AM
    Depressed
    Hi,
    Welcome to this site, and I know you will get some good answers here.
    You have one of two things you can do.
    You can talk with your best friend about seeing someone to talk about her depression; such as a counselor, her parents, a minister, or anyone. Talking with a professional, or a counselor, etc, can really help get things started for help. She might just need talking with someone who knows how to help in this case, or she might need Professional help from a doctor.
    Your other option is to stay away from her. If she is making you depressed also, then if you can't talk her into talking with someone about it, I would stay away.
    You have to look out for yourself; you determine how you want to feel, and being around someone who doesn't want other help (if she says no to getting help) is not going to help you one bit.
    You didn't mention your ages, so I don't know if talking with her parents would help any; but would if she is young.
    I do sincerely wish you good luck, and remember; If you can't help her, then it's best if you aren't involved anymore, for your own "peace of mind".
    jurplesman Posts: 83, Reputation: 7
    -

Nov 12, 2005, 07:19 PM
    Hi Alisha,

It is always very difficult to help another person who is suffering from depression. The reason is that most people think that depression is a disease that you can be talked out of. Very few realize that endogenous depression is a disease that results from an internal biochemical abnormality over which the person has no conscious control. Usually psychiatrists prescribe antidepressant medications for this, but I believe that the same can be achieved if we treat the underlying cause of depression at the biochemical level.

Most people with depression has been found to be hypoglycemic. This is a disease that interferes with the production of biological energy all derived from glucose in the food we eat. When we have Insulin Resistance glucose is not entering the cells as it should, and consequently cells, and brain cells suffer energy starvation.

Without that energy people cannot produce the feel good neurotransmitters such as serotonin.

The nondrug treatment for this is going on a Hypoglycemic Diet.

Please read:

Depression a Disease of Energy Production

The Serotonin Connection

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend broke up with because he has depression [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, About a week ago my boyfriend broke up with me because of his depression. We had been together for over a year, and I knew all along about his condition. Out of the blue last week he said that he wasn't happy and couldn't do this anymore, he loved me and didn't want to hurt me. He said that...

Depression [ 31 Answers ]

I've suffered from depression for 4years and its getting to the stage of not coping! There are many causes of this and seeing a counselor didn't seem to help. Anti-depressants just seem to mask the symptoms, any suggestions? Please help can't cope anymore?

Depression sux [ 17 Answers ]

Okay Ive had some problems since I was a short little monkey. I was really bad off and I thought about killing myself sometimes. I was given zoloft wich I got the doctor to take me off because it made things worse and didn't help so I have not been on any medicine. I have two children now and it is...

Depression or What? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been sad for almost a year or so. I don't know if that calls "depression". I cry very often, and I hate seeing people around. When I think of my family and my friend (if I even have one), I'll be very disappointed. Everyone in my family is married except me and my second whom already had a...

Depression [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently been dumped by my longterm partner and have been seriously depressed since. I cannot manage to eat hardly anything, I'm tetchy, irritable, have difficulty sleeping, have nightmares when I do sleep, can't get up in the morning, and I have times when I can only cry, I usually end up...

View more questions Search