Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nervous Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2005, 10:09 AM
    GE washer not spinning
    I have a GE washer that will not engage and spin through it's normal cycle. It completes the cycle, the pump drains all the water but it will not spin. All other parts of the cycle seem OK. L not start again. I would like to look inside but am unsure how to make my way in to this machine. Does the front panel pull off for access? It's a GE WWSR3090T8WW. I do not have a manual and that is slowing my quest for an answer down. Does anyone have any experience with this type of machine that could get me inside and point me in a couple directions? I'll gladly provide more details as requested.

Thanks in advance.

Herb.

Nov 5, 2005, 10:38 AM
    Step 2
    OK. I got the front cover off and the top off. I did a continuity test on the cover switch and that checks out OK. The drive belt under the tub turns freely but one part in their sounds a little dry/metallic. NOt sure yet what that part is or how to determine if it's good or bad. I ask this as well: Shouldn't the process stop when the cover is opened? If I recall when all was well, the spin would come to a rapid halt when the cover was opened. Now not only does it not turn but the tub seems 'locked' in place as it is not possible to turn it by hand. What process controls this?

Thanks.

Herb.

Nov 5, 2005, 12:02 PM
    Over and OUT! (in the trash)
    Well, never mind replying. The machine is disasseblmed and in front of my house awaiting the haulers on Monday. Once inside I found some pretty rusted an d corroded parts which made any further dissasembly impractical. I guess it's off to shop for a new one. Any thoughts on a good new machine.

:-)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2005, 12:13 PM
    The tub should stop when you lift the lid. There could even be a brake to stop it more quick. It is possible the brake is bad. Have you tried turning the cycle knob past the spin cycle and see if things will then work normally?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite catalyst washer not spinning [ 1 Answers ]

Model number 11020072991 Ok, here's where I'm at. I believe it's the drive coupler? I've disconnected the control panel and fliped it back. I remove the brass colored springs holding on the cover and removed the cover after disconnecting the clamps and hoses needed. Now, I'm stuck and don't...

Kenmore washer stopped spinning [ 11 Answers ]

My Kenmore washer, model# 417.99686210, has stopped spinning. It runs through the rest of the cycle, OK. It still agitates, indicating the motor is OK, but when it comes to the spin cycle, nothing. It fills with water and drains. If anyone can help, that would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Washer Overflows When Spinning [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a washer and dryer, only to find I can't use them yet. Here is my problem: I live in an older house, not sure exaclty how old (it has a coal shoot) and I have had some plumbing problems. My first level toilet sometimes flushes very slooowly, and sometimes very well. My main drain...

Washer Drain Backs Up when Spinning [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Every time the washer spins out it backs up and squirts out the top of the drain. I've been told that it might be a clogged air duct. I ran water from my hose done the airduct on the roof for about 15 minutes and it seems to be clear. I've also ran draino down the pipe and it still backs...

View more questions Search