Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    levesterc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 10:51 AM
    change old honey with new thermostat
    Yes: I have a two stage hear pump and I finally got a two stage thermostat model # rth7400.

the old wires were ( y=yellow g=green 0=orange r=red w2=white and x=gray )
    the new 7400 connection are C G Y O/B Rc R Aux E
    I have tried (yellow to y) ( green to g) ( orange to o/b) ( r to r w/jumper rc) ( white to aux ) ( gray to c and e) only blow out hot air when set to cool.

what can I do to get this working. It seem to be a wireing problem but I don't know which wires are for what.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 25, 2007, 12:17 PM
    See if there is a sticky note for this at the beginning of this board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

90/80's cartoon Movie about bears and honey! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok it was early 90's maybe late 80's cartoon kids movie about this bear and her little baby sister and they slide down this slide into a land of other bears that make lots of honey but then the honey factory thingy gets shut down or something and they have to figure out what to do, and then there's...

Thermostat Change [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I remodeled a house and gutted the interior. My son-in-law asked if I wanted to look at the old Honeywell T87 thermostat before he removed it. I told him to remove it, after all, how hard is it to rewire 4 wires. When it came time to install the new digital Honeywell thermostat,...

How to Change my Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

OK. I currently have a White-rodgers 1F58 thermostat and I want to change it for a digital Programmable T-stat.. On the White-Rodgers the wiring is as follows. 6 wires are used w/ 1 jumper R- Red wire G- Green Wire O- Orange Wire W2- White Wire w/ a Jumper wire to - E C- Blue Wire Y-...

Can I change my thermostat? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, We just bought a house with radiant heat. This is our first experience with that type of heating system. It is wired to have 3 different areas in the house with their own thermostats. They're very basic thermostats, and I would like to change them out for digital programmable...

View more questions Search