Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michelle bieschke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 10:42 AM
    A book from the 70's about a girl with a life size doll
    I am trying to find a book that I read when I was in 4th grade back in the 70's. It is about a girl who wore glasses and loved to read. She was very shy and I believe she lived in a mansion or was adopted. Somehow I seemed to remember her having or finding a life size doll... it seemed to be a mystery of some sort and I think it was a chapter book. It did have picture's... if anyone can help that would be great... my daughter is 8 and would love to read it.
    muthermars Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 05:19 PM
    I see you wrote this question a very long time ago... but the title could be:
    The Bad Times of Irma Baumlein
    Sophia Smith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle bieschke View Post
    I am trying to find a book that I read when I was in 4th grade back in the 70's. It is about a girl who wore glasses and loved to read. She was very shy and I believe she lived in a mansion or was adopted. Somehow I seemed to remember her having or finding a life size doll...it seemed to be a mystery of some sort and I think it was a chapter book. It did have picture's...if anyone can help that would be great...my daughter is 8 and would love to read it.
    Hi,

I remember that same book and was serching on the internet today for the name. I thought the little girl in the book lied about owning a doll because she had no friends and wanted people to like her.

I am from Bowral NSW and it was in one of the local School Libraries. I read it when I was in primary school in the 1980s.

I believe the little girl talked about the doll having cerelan? Blue eyes and hair made of silk. Did you receive the right answer from your reply?

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about a little girl ghost whose porcelain doll has diamonds in her head? [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I am talking about? I watched it a few times on TV as a kid in the 80's, it could have been a made-for-TV movie, don't know. It seems to me a young brother and sister had to spend a summer at some old house, don't know why, and the boy, I think, encounters the ghost of a...

Meeting a girl I've been talking to online in real life for the first time... [ 66 Answers ]

I've been talking to this girl from Match.com for a few weeks now on AIM and on the phone, and tomorrow night we're meeting for the first time in real life. I'm keeping it to a short and casual dinner after we both get off work. Any advice? I've never done this before and I'm kind of...

Children's fables book from 70's [ 1 Answers ]

I would love to find what I recall was a hard-cover book full of beautifully illustrated fables (a collection). I had it as a little girl in the 1970's. I believe it had a light greenish blue cover. There was a fable inside about a little girl and Mt. Fuji. Maybe the title had the words...

Children's Book Title from late 70's [ 1 Answers ]

I remember reading a book in the late 70's that I'd really like to read to my son. It was about a boy who finds a dog but his parents won't allow him to keep it. He finds an abandoned car in the woods near his house and keeps the dog there, visiting him everyday and taking care of him. Does...

View more questions Search