Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steph00814 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 10:38 AM
    wave equations!
    hi

I've got two questions and was wondering if you could help:

1. if a deep water wave has a period of 18 seconds, what is its speed of travel?

I no that speed= wavelength/ period but how do you go about doing it without knowing the wavelength?

2. for a wave of wavelength 280 m, what is its speed of travel?
    this is also similar how would you go about doing it without knowing the period?

thank you
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 25, 2007, 11:02 AM
    According to this site:
    Ocean surface wave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for deep water waves the speed and wavelength are related by:

where is in meters and speed is in m/s.

Perhaps this relationship is described in your text book? With this you should be able to solve the problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am looking for this pop & new wave songs. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Spain.I have many old tapes from the eighties but also many unknown songs.Please,help me.All the songs are between 1984 / 1989.Thanks in advance and regards from Spain. http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongComments.asp?SongID=1554 http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongComments.asp?SongID=1553...

Long wave length light therapy: [ 5 Answers ]

Hi to all; Has anyone worked with 800 to 850 nm light? Many thanks for your time. Statictable

Wave superposition [ 2 Answers ]

We are given 2 wave equations as follows: y1 = 25 sin(wt - pi/4) y2 = 15 sin(wt - pi/6) wt=omega * time Find the resultant amplitude, phase, and equation for the wave based on the superposition principle. The 2 equations above have the same frequency. Any help would be great. Thanks

Recording Software ( Sound, Music, Wave, etc.. ) [ 22 Answers ]

Anyone know a good program to record sounds because I love to sing and I was curious if anyone knew a program that I can download online for a free month trial or something. If anyone knows of anything please let me know! Thanks so much :)

Lps To Cds With Nero Wave Editor Or Other Program [ 2 Answers ]

Hi; I would like to pass my lps and tapes to cds, I read that I can use Nero wave editor V 1.0 for this, but I don't know how to do it. Or is there a easier way to do it with other program? By the way I have nero, clonecd, alcohol 120% too, if any of these are good for? Thank you

View more questions Search