Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MDBelter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Am I pregnant or is it just a really late Period?
    I just took a Home Pregnancy Test yesterday and it was positive. I took the test because my period is more then a week late. However I woke up this morning with cramping and what looks like my period. Now I did read somewhere that bleeding can be normal but the day after I got a positive on my home pregnancy test? I'm out of my home country for 2 more days and made an appointment for Monday for testing but could anyone enlighten me to see what the heck could be happening to me?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Some women still have periods while pregnant... and for those that don't it is normal to have some bleeding during the early stages of pregnancy.

Where you need to be concerned is if the flow is heavy and you have have bad cramping... these are signs of miscarriage and you should been seen asap.
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Oct 25, 2007, 02:41 PM
    I read somewhere that it can take several years for a period to go into a pattern. I also read that some pregnancy tests aren't always right. Maybe you just have really bad periods pain because you skipped a period. My periods didn't come until 2 months after, causing heavy flows and bad cramping.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FrOsT_bItE
    I read somewhere that it can take several years for a period to go into a pattern. I also read that some pregnancy tests aren't always right. Maybe you just have really bad periods pain because you skipped a period. My periods didn't come until 2 months after, causing heavy flows and bad cramping.
    Pregnancy tests are correct in dectecting positives... there are false negatives which can be because the levels of HCG aren't high enough to register.

A positive is a positive... period.

Oct 25, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Well an update with my situation is that I took another test as my best friend who is a nurse suggested I should, and it came out as negative? I'm a little confused on what could be happening? I'm probably leaning towards a miscarriage just because I'm having crampingike a period but the bleeding isn't as heavy as usual...
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Oct 25, 2007, 05:54 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 04:58 AM
    I agree with you, that it sounds like a miscarriage and now you levels of HCG have dropped to where it is not registering on a HPT like it did the other day. :(

I'm sorry to hear that... take care of yourself... and see a doctor as soon as you can.
    gooner28 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Hi I'm sorry to say the same thing happened to me two weeks ago, I was trying , fell and then 5 days later I started to bleed, my doctor told me to do a test which I did it was negative within an hour, he said this proves I'd miscarried, he said where it was negative then everything must have come away on it's own and so I never needed to see a doctor.

I'm so sorry , I know how you feel , but try again , it happens much more than you think.

Oct 28, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Thanks a lot ladies... I'm still really upset about it, but hey it'll happen when it happens I suppose. Just one last question if you wouldn't mind...
    Is it really imperative that I see a doctor? And if so why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My period is late again but not pregnant, HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

In October my period was a week late, in November my period was a week late, but in December is was right on time, and now in January it is late again. Can anyone tell me what is going on. Im 22 years old, and somewhat sexually active (im married :p ) I feel fine, but since October my husband and I...

Period is late, pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

I had protected sex (with a condom) with my boyfriend almost 2 1/2 weeks before my period. Also my period is usually about 3 days late every month. I should have gotten my period on the 16th and it's now the 18th. I had felt what I thought to be pre-menstrual cramps but only 2 or 3 times during the...

Late Period -- Pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All =} My name is Stephanie and I am 20 years old, a newlywed at that =] I was married on August the 4th. This is my concern: My last period should have been July 26th, but it came August 2nd and only lasted until the 4th. It was very short and pretty light. I am asuming it was late...

I'm late on period.am I pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I expected my period to be here on the 8th of this month.. it is now the 17th and I haven't gotten it yet.. my nipples are tender.and I took a pregnancy test around the 11th and it said negative.. could I still be pregnant?

Period is late can I be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I was put on Trimethoprim Antibiotics two weeks ago for three days and was wondering CAN TRIMETHOPRIM EFFECT MY PERIODS FROM BEING LATE? My last period was 21st February to the 25th February 2007 I am now two days late. COULD I BE PREGNANT AND CAN TRIMETHOPRIM CAUSE MY PERIODS TO BE LATE?

View more questions Search