Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bishal123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Wats there outside the universe
    I'm confused... people say the is a single universe. If the universe is fixed in size wats there outside our universe?? can't there be another nos. of universes??
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 25, 2007, 08:48 AM
    First, the unverse is not fixed in size - it is continuing to expand. The confusing part is that it is not expanding into empty space, because there is nothing "outside" the universe - it contains all that here is - but rather it's the dimensions of space itself that are expanding. It's not like a balloon hanging in a room that can expand to fill more of that room, since it doesn't make sense to talk about what's inside the universe versus what's outside the globe. As for the question of whether thee are multiple universes - there are certainly theories along those lines, but their existence can never be proved (or disproved), as by definition these alternate universes can never be observed and can never have a direct impact on our universe. So these are merely interesting conjectures that seem to be the consequence of various cosmology and quantum mechanics theories.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 09:00 AM
    As ebaines said, and I would like to reiterate. The universe is all that there is. It is everything. There isn't an "outside" of the universe, only an inside.

Yes, it's very hard to get your head around :). It is possible to have a shape which is boundless but finite.
    belsammael Posts: 43, Reputation: 6

Mar 11, 2008, 12:00 AM
    Einstein once said: "If we don't look up at her, will the moon still be there?"

The same can be said for everything - things don't become existent until we view them. If that is the case, then everything around us is as we shape it, though we lack the skill and knowledge how to control that.
    Research stemming from Einstein's Zero Point Theory has already found hints of an all-compassing energy field present in everything, of which perhaps everything is made: planets, people, trees, memories, past, present, future. If that were ever proven, it could fundementally change everything we believe in.

And perhaps end everything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doing dip... wats the best [ 4 Answers ]

Pretrty self explanatory I like to do skoal cherry and apple and other really good ones that are worth it??

Wats wrong with age difference? [ 7 Answers ]

One question what happens if a girl that's 13 or 14 wants to date a guy that's 17 or 18 is it wrong because I think in my opinion love doesn't have an age??

Girl in serious need ,wats wrong with me? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi... I use to my period every month... a year ago I started to get it every 2nd month... the doctor said it was because of stress.. NOW the last time I got my period was feb 11 2007 and it is now July 12 2007... whats wrong with me? I am afraid to go to the doctor I don't want it to be anything...

Wats Wrong With Me? [ 6 Answers ]

It been 2 and a half year that I have been trying to get pregnant with my husband. No doctors can find out with wrong with me. Their opinion was that might has to do with " Imbalnce hormones". As of today I haven't had my period for 7 months. All pregnancy test were negative.:confused: I would get...

View more questions Search