Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jayna Neely Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Deed in lieu of foreclosure
    We have purchased a home here in Louisiana approx 4 years ago. The home is only 6 years old and has flooded 4 times. These are not only floods with hurricanes but average Louisiana rains. We have drainage issues in the neighborhood that no-one will correct. We have hired attorneys to go after developers, tried speaking to city councilmen, parish presidents, insurance companies, or just about anywhere to get help. No one wants to take responsibility for the poor design. We can not take it anymore. We have not missed any payments, we can still afford the mortgage but we can not live in a house that is unlivable 50% of the year. Can we deed this back to the mortgage company? How can we get out of this hell hole. We don't have anything to sell or even rent!!
    Thanks -
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 25, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Sorry, but the mortgage company doesn't care. They only care about getting back the money they lent you. So if you deed it back to them or default on your loan, they will auction it off, then come after you for the balance of the loan.

Personally I think you need new attorneys. I find it hard to believe that they can't make a case against the developer and the local government for not doing water table and flood studies before building. Is your house part of a development? Are you the only one with the problem? If not, can you get your neighbors involved in a class action?

What type of flooding is involved here? Is it just water in the basement or do the grounds flood? Has anyone done a study about jacking the house up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VA Loan - Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is 60, and I am about to turn 50. We moved to Phoenix, Arizona from Colorado two years ago for adventure and better weather. We bought a new construction home in Maricopa, southwest of Phoenix, hoping to cash in on the (then) booming Phoenix housing market. Having no cash to put down, we...

Is deed in lieu of foreclosure my only way out [ 1 Answers ]

I was going through nasty divorced when asked by friend if I could help out his house Was being foreclosed on.Agent for bank contacted me who I knew I told him I did not Want to do this. He invited me to restaurant where after few drinks I was handed papers To sign.I told him I did not want to...

View more questions Search