Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabelle4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 07:20 PM
    What do I wear to this wedding?
    I am going to a 6:30 p.m. December wedding in Charleston, SC, that is black tie/evening dress unifrom invited. What kind of dress should I wear?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 07:27 PM
    I would wear something sprakly... that's always fun... but not too showy..
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 07:28 PM
    I would pick a dark or neutral colored dress that is simple and maybe do your hair up and wear earrings and heels and such. Don't wear white as it's not polite to the bride. Don't dress up like the queen of england or anything but perhaps a black party dress, knee-length?
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Something long and elegant. If it is a black tie event the men are typically expected to be in a tux. You might be able to get away with a cocktail length dress if it is dressy enough, but to be on the safe side go for long. Stick with darker colors; dark blue, black, dark green, dark purple.

Here's a site with some info about what to wear to a specified dress wedding:

Guide For Guests: What To Wear
    tannergurl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 08:18 PM
    The last winter formal wedding I went to I wore this really pretty black dress. Its long sleeve goes a little bit below the knees and has a v cut neck and added some strappy black heels and sparkly accessories. So I'm thinking you should wear something below the knees and sparkly jewelry like snow flake earings or something

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Wear of headgear at Army wedding [ 1 Answers ]

I've checked AR 670-1 (Army Reg) and found that the beret is worn with the dress green uniform before retreat. I can't find anything that says whether the beret is worn (by the groom) for a midday wedding. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

What is proper wear for a 4pm wedding. [ 3 Answers ]

My husband got an invitation from a cousin in California who is getting Married in September. The wedding is to be a 4pm wedding outdoors with an outdoor reception to follow. The only suggestion about attire was that ladies wear flats and not heals as the ground is fairly soft. What would be...

What to wear to Caribean wedding for the mother-of-the-bride? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Please help!! My daughter is getting married in the Caribbean next month. What would be appropriate attire? The wedding will be in a gazebo near the beach. 80's degree F temperate. What do ladies wear in the Caribbean islands? I'm a 50's something, average height and size. I've been told...

View more questions Search