Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigjoct Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Obtaining Italian Visa to work in US
    I have a niece who is a Physical Therapist and an Italian resident and would like to work in the states for a year before returning home to Italy. She would stay with us and wants to expand her knowledge but will be returning home. She has already visited on a tourist visa, but can't seem to understand how to obtain a work visa. Any one who can offer any advise, thank you! :)
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 07:46 PM
    I think she must be sponsored by an employer to obtain a work visa but I could be wrong.

-waits for an expert to show up-

Good luck!
    SIMBRIAL Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 11:49 AM

Yes she needs to find a sponsor able to issue a working visa or she could apply for an internship and being sponsored. She would have more chances if she would apply through an Italian firm; or she could apply for a student visa through a medical school.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work visa [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any separate category for New Zealand citizen's to work in US other than H-1? Can they apply for E-3visa??

Immigration marriage on a work visa [ 1 Answers ]

Anybody that can help... I am an american citizen and my girlfriend is from south korea. She is here on a work visa for six more years. Do we need a fiancée visa to get married. If not what are the proper steps to get married and start paperwork for her citizenship. Thanks tom

J-1 visa exempt of SS and Medicare taxes (Work and Travel program) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I was present in us for 150 days in 2005 on a J-1visa. I participate in Work and Travel program. Surprisingly for me, my employer deducts SS and Medicare taxes from my salary. I talked to him about that and he said that IRS would fix the mistake in the end of the year. I filled...

View more questions Search