Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 24, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Abdominal soreness
    For the past week I have had upper abdominal soreness. It almost feels like muscle soreness. It feels like the next day after a hard workout when your muscles are sore and you know they have torn slightly from the workout. I keep telling my husband it feels like I have done crunches for a week straight. The soreness is only in my upper abdominals and more to the right side. I am carrying high so it is almost at the top of my buldge maybe at my ribs.. I am 21 weeks and I have not done any type of new or hard working out. I am thinking it might be because my muscles are stretching and maybe things are getting pushed around under my ribs. Any advice on what you think or if you have experienced this would be greatly appreciated. Or any advice on how to relieve this pain. Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Easily stated: Normal, natural, happens to all of us.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Yep, normal, welcome to the point in pregnancy where it gets harder to breathe and you're ribs are nearly broken... lol.. happens to the best of us.

Oct 25, 2007, 05:03 AM
    Well it is nice to know that it is normal. I just hate to think that I am just at the half way mark in my pregnancy and already uncomfortable. This whole pregnancy thing isn't as cute and fun as I thought it would be :) But the outcome is worth is all!
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Oct 25, 2007, 10:08 AM
    I feel a lot of burning from my stretching skin. My muscles did start to ach as well, but mine did not start hurting till 30+ weeks. Do you work in a stressful environment? That can play a part. Taking a warm (not hot) bath helps me tremendously.

Oct 25, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Stressful environment... Well, I am student teaching right now. At first I was with 17 kindergarteners and now I am with 18 third grade students. These kids are crazy everyday and most of the day. At times I want to pull my hair out. So I suppose you could say I work in a stressful environment.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Oct 25, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bekah876
    Stressful environment...... Well, I am student teaching right now. At first I was with 17 kindergarteners and now I am with 18 third grade students. These kids are crazy everyday and most of the day. At times I want to pull my hair out. So I suppose you could say I work in a stressful environment.
    Being on your feet that much will do it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breast Soreness/tenderness! Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Is It Possible During Very Early Pregnancy For The Breast Soreness To Come And Go During The Day. I Don't Mean Go Complitly But More As In Ease Up A Bit. I Am Worried Something May Be Wrong, Or Im Not Preggy And Its Just Hormons... Gahh! -amy

Breast soreness [ 4 Answers ]

I just found out that I am pregnant and my breasts were pretty sore. This morning I woke up and they are not really that sore anymore. Does the breast soreness lessen in the mornings or am I possibly miscarrying?

Vaginal soreness during sex [ 3 Answers ]

Often during sex I experience soreness in the entrance to my vagina as well as a discomfort/pain when he rubs against the top bladder region of my vagina, and I always make sure to urinate before sex. What could this possibly be from?

Decreased soreness in breast [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im pregnant about 4-5 weeks. My breasts were sore at the beginning but now are not as sore. Should I be concerned?

Muscle Fatigue, soreness [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a 38 year old male who still enjoys playing basketball. My problem is that if I play on Monday my knees and legs are so sore I usually have to wait a day or two before I play again. If I try to play Tuesdays it seems to get progressively worse. Any hints on fighting muscle fatigue and...

View more questions Search