Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pebbles0343 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2005, 01:44 AM
    Crazy kitty!!
    A few months ago I fed 2 stray cats and of course... they have never went away. One cat is older and very pretty, he's very nice and will let you hold him and cuddle him. The other one is however not so nice and gentle. He's a kitten, maybe close to a year old. He will rub on people but won't let people pet him or pick him up. The weird thing is that he will go out in the yard and dig a hole, then poop in it, then covers it back up. We all just think he's crazy, I was just wondering if anyone else has ever seen a cat dig a hole in the grass and poop. Is this a normal thing. I know that cats like to poop in gardens and flower beds, but in the grass?? :p
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2005, 04:09 AM
    One of my cats does that. She's about half and half in doing it in bushes, flower beds, etc.

We love cats because of their individual personalities, so I just chuckle at it.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with yours... just one of those "funny things a cat will do". :p
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 4, 2005, 06:29 AM
    Hi. This is normal, just means that the kitty was born outside, and is used to learning his 'potty' traits outside before coming into a home. Our 'outside' cat, does that all the time, even though we have a box for her in the garage, she still uses the lawn. In the winter, she will only pee real quick outside, and use the box in the garage for the other. All cats are different and yes, they are cute. Believe it or not, they are very intelligent, that's why they don't always need a pat on the head to let them know you approve of them. As a matter of fact, they let you pat their heads if they approve of you. If you would like to read up on cats and also just funny things about them, try this site, it's a fun one...

http://www.sniksnak.com/

Just a 5-cat mom..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fat Kitty! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cat who is about 4 years old, and is very fat. She was a runt as a baby, and was always very tiny, but she started gaining weight about a year ago and now is literally the size of a basketball. She has the tiniest little head! Its like the size of a tennis ball. We recently got a new...

My kitty has mites and now I do [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a himilayan kitten. When I got home I looked him over he was bold all on his tummy,back legs and a little bit of the front legs I also found out a few days later he has mites I am pretty sure they are ear mites because his ears are full of black so I started treting him with...

Skitish Kitty [ 3 Answers ]

I have two cats one is a siamese mix and he is two years old. My other cat is a grey stray. He is about a year old. We found him under my friends pourch when he was real little. He had had one side of his wiskers cut short so he walked funny for a while but is fine now. My proble is that as time...

Trying to understand kitty [ 1 Answers ]

Undefined I have never owned a kitten before so I'm learning as I go. Why do they,with front paws,knead you? It is as if they are kneading dough but with a little claw added... never enough to hurt but enough to let you know they are there.undefined

Kitty Tapeworms [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have two cats. One is near 6 years old his name is jumbo (choco persian) and the second one is 9 weeks old his name is george. We got george from a guy my husband works with, he had said it was an indoor cat I think he fibbed. The kitty was infested with fleas. I picked nearly 70...

View more questions Search