Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ms17fs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Period is a week and a half late
    I was on the birth control shot for 3 months. Then my doctor took me off. I started back having regular periods just they will come on at different times of the month, but still came on each month. This month thought my period hasn't came on at all it supposed to had came on on the 15th of October, and I am a week and two days late. My breasts are really sored. I had been experiencing sored breasts every since my period started back though. I took a pregnant test but it was negative which was yesterday. The bottom of my stomach been hurting, and I have nasty taste in my mouth like I have to vomit, and am just so confused. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME...
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 01:48 PM
    If your period doesn't come soon and you are really feeling sick, you may have a problem that needs to be diagnosed by a doctor. I hope you feel better soon, but you should really consult your doctor if you keep feeling poorly and your period is absent much longer.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Oct 24, 2007, 02:08 PM
    How long have you been of the shot? It can take some time for your body to return to normal. When you take a pregnancy test, take it first thing in the morning the first time you have to pee. The hormone levels are highest at this point and more likely to show up. If you are concerned, you might want to see your doctor. He/she can run some tests to see what is going on. It takes time to get used to being off the shot. It could be that the sore breasts, etc. is just a sign of PMS. If you have been having unprotected sex, there is always a chance of pregnancy, but a week and two days isn't very long. I wouldn't worry too much, like I said. Hope this helps!
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Oct 24, 2007, 02:30 PM
    It takes several years for your periods to start a pattern. Anyway, you just stopped having birth control shots after 3 MONTHS! That's quite a lot of time and your body would most likely trying to return to normal! HOWEVER, just to be sure, a pregnancy test and a visit to the doctor is very important and I think you should do it ASAP! You don't want to wake up one morning with news your pregnant! Try and get in front of this situation so that if you are or not, you can get prepared for what's ahead :) Hope this answers your question!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period 1 week late.could I be pregnant? [ 27 Answers ]

My periods are usually right on time, occasionally they are either one or two days earlier than expected or one day later than expected. So having my period a whole week late is very unusual for me. I had pretty typical cramps on the day that I was supposed to start my period and then nothing...

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

1 week late, and nervous :S [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a week late for having my period, I read about how stress and life changes can totally mess your cycle up.. but I'm not sure.. I was on the road with my b/f the last time I had my period. It was a normal period for me and everything. I'm careful most the time to use a condom, and not have sex 2...

A week Late [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a week late on my period and I'm never late. I have been having regular periods for over a year and I took 3 pregnancy tests and they all showed up negative. I was talking to one of my cousins about it and she told me that she had taken a pregnancy test with her second child and it gave her a...

View more questions Search