Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pebbles0343 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2005, 01:14 AM
    Question about a cat
    I had a cat but he passed away a while back. I would like to own another cat just like him but I don't know his breed. I've tried looking it up but never got anything. He was cream colored, had a lot of striped markings on his face, blue eyes, and a cooned striped tail. I saw a picture of a cat that looked like him on a bag of dads catfood once. If anyone can help please let me know.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2005, 04:14 AM
    The problem with this is that there are very few pure-bred cats out there. Your other cat was probably a mix of tabby and who knows how many other mixes in his "family tree"... know what I mean?

Also, remember that cats are known to have unique "personalities", so don't assume that one "just like" your other one will be the same.

I would instead look for a cat that has a "personality" like your old one rather than looking for one that looks like it or is the same (or close) breed.

Here is what looks like a very comprehensive site showing and describing the various breeds: http://www.fanciers.com/breeds.html

Hope this helps!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 4, 2005, 04:41 AM
    http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index...at=562&thumb=1

Here's another link with picture galleries, maybe you can find one close to the breed you had to identify it. Good Luck. It's true about the 'purrsonality' being more important. I've had several different types and they all are great.

Good Luck. http://cats.about.com/od/catpictures/ here's another one..

RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2005, 04:44 AM
    And along that idea, I've previously had 2 cats of the same breed - but each had very different personalities.

Nov 6, 2005, 11:33 PM
    Thanks
    Thank you all that replied to my question it is much appreciated. I'd also like to say that I'm well aware that cats have their own personalities, and I didn't mean to say I want another cat exactly like him because that is impossible. No cat could ever replace him. I just loved the type of cat he was, and would like to have another one that looks like him. I just didn't know the type of breed to look for but I looked at another site that was referred to me and I think he may have been a tabby point- siamese. So I'm going to try to find out more on that. Again Thank you all for your help. :)

Nov 7, 2005, 12:55 AM
    By george I think I've got it!
    After searching many links I came across a breed call siamese - point lynx, the breed is somewhat simailiar to what mine was but mine didn't have the pointed ears and skinny body. So I only typed in siamese- lynx and aha! That's him, I'm 100% positive. So now I just need to find a breeder close to where I live... lol more searching.

Ps. I don't think I ever told my cats name, it was Oscar.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 7, 2005, 04:30 AM
    Glad to be of help. By the way if you forgot to rate us, please be kind enough to do so, appreciate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search