Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bnowack Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Shortcut for entering data in Excel
    I often work with data in scientific notation. Is there a shortcut for entering numbers using only the number section of the keyboard? (i.e. entering 1.7E+09 without using the ‘e’ character)
    nolenecasey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 12:54 PM
    1880million in numbers
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Oct 30, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Yes, but you are going to have to reserve some cells for either some formulas or some VBA code, similar to building a chart.

You type 1.7 in your user input cell and when you click on cell G7 it multiplies it by E+09 and inserts the answer where you tell it to, T7, in code. It's a lot of work.

You can build a chart similar to this and format certain cells for E+04, another cell for E+05 and so on, a little easier I think but we need to know your whole idea.

Formulas, functions, VBA, VB user forms, what do you know about any of these.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Financial statements and using excel to input data [ 1 Answers ]

It is so difficult to input data in excel ( not hard coded numbers but linking numbers) Can anyone explain how to do that If I have the given information on the first sheet of excel i.e the data entry sheet. How can I enter data on other sheets for different statements like trial balance,...

Shortcut [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know when I inserted the disk the window shows The yellow triangle sign with problem shortcut and said The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'CD Drive.lnk' refers to is unavailable.Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then...

View more questions Search