Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlc2478 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Seeing spirits
    My 7 year old son recently informed us that he sees "dead people's faces". He is able to look at them straight on but says they do not talk to him. He says he can only see them at night so we got him a bright night light for his room. A couple of nights ago, he came in and told us that there were a few dead flies on his blankets. He had not yet been asleep, so I know he was not dreaming. My husband went in there and he had kicked off two of the blankets. My husband is also sensitive to spirits and can see them in his periphial vision. How do I explain this to a 7 year old and what if any, is the significance of seeing dead insects? I'm not sure if anything else is going on with him because he does not talk about it much.
    CHRISTOPHEROBIN Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Aug 30, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mlc2478
    My 7 year old son recently informed us that he sees "dead people's faces". He is able to look at them straight on but says they do not talk to him. He says he can only see them at night so we got him a bright night light for his room. A couple of nights ago, he came in and told us that there were a few dead flies on his blankets. He had not yet been asleep, so I know he was not dreaming. My husband went in there and he had kicked off two of the blankets. My husband is also sensitive to spirits and can see them in his periphial vision. How do I explain this to a 7 year old and what if any, is the significance of seeing dead insects? I'm not sure if anything else is going on with him because he does not talk about it much.
    My 8 year old daughter sees spirits at night too.she looks forward to seeing and helping them. At first when she was 5 she was really scared until i told her i had seen them too around the age 5. i helped her cope with it by explaining that they need her help. So she helps them, and in return she gets answers that she is looking for from them.she had told me that a spirit by the name of henry told her to tell her dad to get a stone called modavite to help me understand as well. She told me and i ordered one. I can now dream these people, but can't see them like she does being awake. Believe it or not she can move thing using only her mind now. They are not to be feared. They are only teachers once you help these spirits with what they need.
    In Sorrow Posts: 82, Reputation: 5

Sep 6, 2008, 07:19 PM
    For some Reason Children are able to see Spirits or ghosts , we as Adults cannot see them. I believe it is because of a Child's innocence they are able to see these things and when they become adults they are not so innocent anymore. I never saw nothing like this not even as a child, but from what I have been hearing now a days, it is quite normal for children to see Spirits.
    Blackdeathrose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 02:03 PM
    I have been seeing earth-bound spirts since the age of 5. My parents calmed I walked down the hall talking to myself, I told them someone was talking to me. I remember that, now at the age of 13. One by the name of Mary L. Morgan. She wanted me to find a man named Kevin M. Morgan who ended up living not far from me. My friend, who killed himself yesterday, knew Kevin and took me to him and I told him what she had wanted. She was held to earth as a ghost until someone had told him that she had money left and it was hidden in the basement, as she saved up for him when she left. I was 6. I started helping them when was 6. Even though I get scared of them sometimes, I know they need my help. People never under this. It's the same for empaths. Its just the fact that you can not only help the living at will but you can also help the dead, even help them through the spirt world. Its quite norma though for people to see spirts but if you were born with it or started seeing and or talking to them at a earily age is more common to still see them as adults.
    snowbird955 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2010, 12:31 PM

Adults can see spirits too. You just have to open yourself up. We're all raised to think we're crazy if we see them so we bury this ability as we get older. It's still there you just have to let it through. As long as the child is comfortable with it, don't try to discourage her. Very often it is a family member or loved one who watches over the child just as they would in life.
    snowbird955 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2010, 12:36 PM
    Also, my opinion, encourage him to talk about it more. When a child is secretive, it is either because he is frightened of something or because the spirit doesn't want you to have too much information. If you are worried about the insects, try burning some white sage in his room and if you're a christian pray for God's hedge of protection around him.
    Lizzy18 Posts: 44, Reputation: 4

Feb 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
    I also believe its okay for the little boy to understand what is going on around him because he needs to feel he is more than normal and that he is special since he has something that most people do not have and when he sees them next time he should try asking them what they really want..
    Amber W Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 02:24 AM
    Hi you I have been able to see spirits since I was 8 yrs old and now 27 and my son that is 5 and my daughter that is 3 months can see them too but my question is why do I get really bad headachs when the spirits are around me and I get really shakey like I'm nervous or something and feeling drained all the time right now I have seen 2 spirits at my new location and they are both males but all they do is stand near me and stare or wave their hands in my face my last location I knew the reason why I seen spirits is because about 5 or 6 people have died in the apartment complex and only 1 got my attention calling my name and walking up and down my hall way and touching me when I'm not paying attention to it but I just don't understand why I get headachs and the shakes from so I've been wearing a rosery to see if that would help but it doesn't I need advice please and also when I was a kid I would see spirits standing infron of my bed but was to scared to say anything and my family still this day thinks that I'm crazy just about any where I go I see spirits...
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 2, 2012, 11:16 AM
    People see spirits... this is nothing new.
    Leerawolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2012, 08:36 PM
    Im 23 and for your son to be seeing spirits isn't something to fear, it's a gift. I have been able to feel and see things since I was about 7. I would tell him that this isn't something to be afraid of but tell him that he also has to stand up for himself and if he doesn't want to do something that someone or something may try and get him to do he needs to say no. I will admit most things I see and feel are not very pleasant but there are things that are good out there. Definitely talk to your son more and I hope everything works out well!
    WarmSunrise Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2012, 10:25 AM
    Hello all,
    I have a friend who can see spirits and angels. I've known him for about 4 years now and I am convinced he says the truth.

I've learned many good things through him. I should say I am catholic and many of the things I learned have been in accordance to my catholic understanding of the world. Aside from that, I see that some people are asking for help so I will give my a suggestions of what I have learned and what has helped in my experience.

To start, this may sound simple, but first, believe that there is more to reality than what normal people see, namely, there is material reality and spiritual reality. This may help you face what you are seeing.

I believe that there is one guardian angel for every human being. Talk to your angel, even if you might not see him. He is there to accompany you and help you.

Holy Water: It really does help, I as Catholic, invite you to stop at a Catholic Church and just ask to have some holy water, or take a water bottle and ask a priest to bless it for you. Then go to the place where you are seeing things that you don't like, and sprinkle the holy water around while inviting Angels and Archangels and the presence of God to be around you and within you. It's funny when my friend tells me that he can't believe that so many angels can fit in such a small physical place when we do that!

I noticed that Amber W. up in this thread said that *wearing* a rosary didn't help. I laughed when I read this: you are supposed to *pray* the rosary, not wear it!! (and BTW that's another Catholic suggestion that I have also seen to be extremely effective)

What else? Well I should say it's OK to believe in the existence of spirits, and know there are good ones and bad ones and ones that need our help.

Last suggestion, do good unto others, live as virtuously as possible and as time passes you may start to see/interact with good spirits or angels with whom yo may have very interesting conversations as I have had through my friend with other angels.

There is a Go, He is wise, trust him!
    WarmSunrise Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2012, 10:28 AM
    I missed a "d".
    Rewrite:
    There is a God, He is wise, trust him!
    haliejosey09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2013, 08:52 PM
    My husband sees spirits and has since he was young I now have a 9 month old son and sometimes he wakes up screaming in the night and I'm worried he might have the gift too and they are scaring him, what should I do?

Aug 9, 2013, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by haliejosey09 View Post
    my husband sees spirits and has since he was young i now have a 9 month old son and sometimes he wakes up screaming in the night and im worried he might have the gift too and they are scaring him, what should i do?
    Why do you think this is a "gift"?

Try thinking about this differently... spirits allow themselves to be seen.
    haliejosey09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2013, 09:34 PM
    I refer to it as a gift because I don't know what else to call it other than a curse and u didn't have to be rude I was asking to help my son seeing as how I can't see spirits and my husband won't tlk to me about it he just told me he tells them to leave him alone but again I can't see them myself so don't know it that's what is ailing my son at night

Aug 10, 2013, 10:51 AM
    I apologize... and I honestly don't know what I said that was rude... I'm just trying to get you to see this from another perspective. It's not the people with a gift, but rather the ability of the spirit world to reveal itself to whomever it wants to... and thus is part of the deception they offer in such a practice. When people think it is their ability or gift to see such things, most often than not they end up seeking to further develop this gift... which is a very dangerous spiritual road.

And how this applies to your son is this... spirits very often attach themselves to families, not a just one individual... this is possible something that is trying to be a presence in both of their lives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spirits [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Some odd things have been going on in my house lately hense my being here today. My family is fairly religious, my mom has had stuff happen to her in the past growing up, things moving around and floating things like that. This is not a joke... They moved out of the house when the...

Are there spirits in my house? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Amanda and I am only 12 and a half and I need to know if there are spirits in my house because my uncle passed away a couple weeks ago and I need to know if it's him trying to contact me and tell me it's OK. Also my father, dog, father's friend and grandpa have passed away and...

Ghosts/Spirits, do you believe or not? [ 4 Answers ]

I myself am a believer that another realm exists where an entity I call jinns exist. We do no know much about them,but from what I know, there are good and bad among them,believers and non-believers among them,some go about their way while others enter the human world and cause different types of...

Do I have spirits? [ 6 Answers ]

I visit abanded asylums,with that all photos have orbs with faces,really.I get chills a lot with hair on the back of my neck & the heat is blastingg.I hear whispering when I go to bed on one occasion a girls voice clearly said "can you help me? on another night I got up to get a drink and turned...

Spirits who hurt you? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi,hope someone can help answer this. My son is turning 1 10/27. This past sat. 7 days before his b'day (7 is my lucky #) My mom was shopping for the baby and I was changing the baby when we both felt the sharpiest pain in our shoulder blades. I turned around and thought someone was behind...

View more questions Search