Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadgirl82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2005, 09:14 PM
    Depression or What?
    I've been sad for almost a year or so. I don't know if that calls "depression". I cry very often, and I hate seeing people around. When I think of my family and my friend (if I even have one), I'll be very disappointed. Everyone in my family is married except me and my second whom already had a boyfriend. 23 years of life, I'm still single and haven't dated or had a boyfriend for once. And yes I feel ashame. Another thing is my sister in law just came from Vietnam. I used to get along with her very well until lately she been giving me her childish attitude. When she first arrived to america, she wasn't like that. Until she got her driver license, her job, and things changed all sudden. I don't like how she give me her attitudes and acted nothing happen the next day. And my oldest sister, she only comes to me when her husbad is in Arizona, cause she and her husband had some relationship problem. She used me as a talker, which means I can be on call for 24/7 just to listen to her problem. Her husband just came back last week to live with her, and she never calls me anymore, even when I call her, she's like afraid to talk to me. My second sister, I don't even bother to mention about her. She think she's all that. Just because she makes a lot of money, doesn't mean anything. I just can't stand her ignorant attitude. I don't know I think I'm in serious depression. Is hurting so much especially on holidays when everyone have plan except me. I'm turning 23 next Wednesday, and last year I just sit by myself in the computer lab room at school blogging how painful it was. Not even a single phone call saying happy birthday. I also feel very left out in my family. I have this one close friend eversince 6th grade. She only come to me again if she has problem. I just realize that my life is very miserable. No ones seem to care about me. I have no idea why I continue on living my life. Please help.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2005, 05:51 AM
    Depressed
    Hi,
    At 23 yrs old, your life is just in the beginning stages. What you do with it is up to you. Thank you for your post here, and welcome to this site. I am sure you will receive many answers; mine is only one!
    So you just sit at your computer in your college room alone? Feeling depressed all the time? And you are 23?
    If all I did was sit here answering questions, I would be depressed too! I have been married 28 yrs, and been through a little of what you are going through years ago, before I got married.
    You have to make that first step; get out! Get out and meet some people. I am sure there are college dances, coffees, groups, talking groups, meeting others who also feel depressed. Nothing is going to happen to change the way you feel until you decide to make that change.
    Have you talked with a counselor? Talked with a "group" of some kind or another? Called a "depression" hot-line phone number?
    I am sure there are free groups that are in your area, dealing with depression. Talking with others with the same issues, will help. Look in your local phone book yellow pages. Find some phone numbers, and call them.
    Writing your question here is your first step. Now, take the second step and find a counselor, that can guide you to a free group, to listen and talk with others. You are the only one who can do it. I do sincerely wish you the very best, and you make your own good luck by taking that second step.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 4, 2005, 06:13 AM
    As Fredg said, welcome to this forum. Depression during this time of the year for singles is a very common thing, even for me and I'm almost 55. Instead of blogging in the class room, try an iternet coffee shop, there are others there who I'm sure feel the same way or they would not be there, and you might be able to meet new people and make new friends, just for you. Your family and in-laws will be busy with their own lives and since you've been a pillar of strength for them, maybe they think you are stronger than you really are and you need to let them know that 'hey, sometimes I need someone too' One or two might surprise you and finally realize the help you gave and give you some comfort for a change. By all means find a group or church to join - this will prove to you that you are not alone in this, especially now. The weather gets worse, light dims outside, and so do our moods. As Fredg said, we all go through this and it depends on what we do about it that makes the difference.
    Please don't give up on yourself and give yourself more credit, as you've helped others even though they show no appreciation right now, but they will eventually. This is just the way of the world at present, and we have to take the next steps. We will always be here for you, but you need real people around you too. So, good luck and keep us posted!

You don't need to carry the weight on your own!

P.S. fredg - I got that stupid "spread it around" message again, sorry!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend broke up with because he has depression [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, About a week ago my boyfriend broke up with me because of his depression. We had been together for over a year, and I knew all along about his condition. Out of the blue last week he said that he wasn't happy and couldn't do this anymore, he loved me and didn't want to hurt me. He said that...

Depression [ 31 Answers ]

I've suffered from depression for 4years and its getting to the stage of not coping! There are many causes of this and seeing a counselor didn't seem to help. Anti-depressants just seem to mask the symptoms, any suggestions? Please help can't cope anymore?

Depression sux [ 17 Answers ]

Okay Ive had some problems since I was a short little monkey. I was really bad off and I thought about killing myself sometimes. I was given zoloft wich I got the doctor to take me off because it made things worse and didn't help so I have not been on any medicine. I have two children now and it is...

Depression? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a best friend who is depressed or I believe is depressed we tell each other prettymuch everything if she talks about depressed things listening to her over and over pretty much the same thing over and over worrying about her and everything in my life make me depressed to :confused:

Depression [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently been dumped by my longterm partner and have been seriously depressed since. I cannot manage to eat hardly anything, I'm tetchy, irritable, have difficulty sleeping, have nightmares when I do sleep, can't get up in the morning, and I have times when I can only cry, I usually end up...

View more questions Search