Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianamonkey123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 08:15 AM
    I e-mailed my ex.is that bad?
    So my ex and I broke up on Saturday. He ended things because he didn't think that we were right for each other. He is 27 and I'm 25. We were together for 1 1/2 years. I was sort of pressuring him about the future. He still wanted to talk but I told him I couldn't talk because it was too hard. But I messed up today and e-mailed him with "Hi. Hope all is well". He wrote back saying "He hoped all is well with me and that he thinks about me everyday". I told him I missied him too. He then wrote "why did you write me? It is hard enough not talking to you..now today is going to be even harder". I told him I would leave him alone but he said no and he loves to talk to me. Does he just miss having me around? Does he maybe want me back? Am I a complete idiot for writing him?? What should I do now??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Honey, you did the right thing and don't lose your confidence now. Just go find that devil and grab him by the ears and give him a good shake!

I guess he just wanted a cooling off period that apparently is not working as he would like and sounds like he would like to see you.

Best of luck. Don't miss any chances for happiness.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 09:50 AM
    It's a few days since you broke up. Your not going to turn a new leaf and become healed in a week. Go No Contact and disappear.

Get on with your own life and stay busy.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Oct 24, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Hello.

The big question is do you want him back, if you do then take it slow and see if the two of you can work past the old problems. Don't push anything just go back to the start and be friends saying hi now and then.

Breaking up many times helps a relationship in the long run. It lets you both deal with the small problems that wouldn't get worked on if you where together. This can make your next go round even stronger.

Dennis777
    enigmagnetic Posts: 333, Reputation: 45

Oct 24, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Yeah it's way too early, you're both just having an aversive reaction to being separated. You're acting fully on emotions I think. I also think it isn't wise that you fan those flames. He broke up with you remember. Now he wants to play these games with you. You're making it easy for him to leave you by talking to him like this. What you should have said is well I'm glad you're OK and I hope your life goes well. Then stopped communicating for a while. It doesn't have to be forever but for a while. Clearly there are things he needs tow ork out. Good luck.
    Bubbler Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

Oct 24, 2007, 10:10 AM
    When we first break up with someone we have all kinds of things running in our minds, the should have, could have and would have !

If you know that things are fully over between the two of you then you need to go for the No Contact rule, this is too help you move forwards with your life and become strong again. This rule helps both of you move forwards. Keep yourself busy with friends etc hanging out, shopping or going too the movies... Keeping your mind busy and active should stop you from reaching for the phone and calling your ex or sending them email.

Close friends are also a good point of contact, some one you can trust too talk open with about everything and get things off your chest with them.

I always founds when things end this way, we always have things left inside us that we wish we would have said but didn't, try writing a last love letter to them about the way you feel and where your life is at, and then burn it don't send it! I have found myself it's a good way of letting go and moving forwards with out keeping all those feelings bottled up inside.

Good luck with the choice you make, and remember keep strong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad bad dogg [ 3 Answers ]

OK,. I don't know what I did.My dog use to be nice,kind and always wanting to be next to me. But know these couple of days he has tried to bite me, and he growls at me when I enter to each room. He also doesn't even want me to carry him. If I do try to carry him he asks like he is going to bite me....

Bad clusters and bad blocks [ 1 Answers ]

When I do the chkdsk on WDC and it says windows replaced the bad clusters Why does Stellar Smart say there's 3 bad blocks? Didn't chkdsk clear it? The PC says no bad sectors

I forgot my myspace pass but I csnt get it e-mailed either because my e -mail changed [ 8 Answers ]

I can't remember my myspace password, and me e-mail has changed, so what can I do to get my pass back? Someone help me

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

W2 has not been mailed [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I worked for a company over the summer that has not yet sent out my W-2 for last year. Can they be fined for failing to send out this document or imposed with any sort of penalty? I worked there about 4 months and probably made around $12,000. Thanks in advance!

View more questions Search