Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

Oct 24, 2007, 04:41 AM
    Unable to access computer
    Hi all well here I am again well the thing is I know we are not allowed to be hackers and things but my mothers ex has given a PC to my nephew but he is a bit of $&£*.

Anyway he won't give them the password he just said he well you can look at it and I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a program from that will get me past the logon password for me to change or just erase it.

Thanks for the help in advance
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 04:46 AM
    Is this a BIOS password or the Windows logon password?

Oct 24, 2007, 05:05 AM
    The windows logon password
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 05:47 AM
    If you just want to erase everything and start fresh then boot from your Windows CD and do a new installation of Windows.

Oct 24, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Well unfortunately he didn't give any of the cd's with it that's why I just need to bypass the password to get into the comp and I can change it so it works for them
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 05:59 AM
    You can either buy the installation discs or get them from another person.

Oct 24, 2007, 06:01 AM
    So no one knows I way to save the files on the comp by bipassing the password
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Boot to a DOS prompt and save them to a floppy.

There are ways to bypass the Windows logon but they are for tech support pros that understand DOS and Windows and using boot-up utilities. You can try here: Forgot the Administrator's Password? - Windows Password Recovery - Windows Password Reset

Oct 24, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Confused?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 24, 2007, 06:32 AM
    The problem here is all we have is your word that you were "given" this PC. If we were to provide info on how to get past the logon password, we would be allowing anyone who steals a PC to make use of it.

If you want to use it get the giver to tell you the password.

Nov 1, 2007, 01:54 AM
    Tru tru I understand that completely but if it was stolen I would just wipe the HDD and reinstall windows but to be honest I am not up at my sisters enough to be bothered to do that.

I know the implications of me asking this and I completely understand that you cannot tell me a aprogram or location of a program but thank you for the relying

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to access partition on external H/d [ 3 Answers ]

Would someone please assist me with remedying the following problem? I have a Maxtor 240 gb external drive, portioned into '3' sections labeled 'G', 'H' & 'I', each at approx. 80 gb, used to store family pictures, videos and audio books. I don't turn it on often, but did today, to move some...

Unable to access user account [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: When turning on my PC for the last couple of days it says it is unable to open my user account. I can still access all of my files when I go into windows explorer and delve into the hard drive and the account that loads up has the same name but every time I turn on my computer its like...

Am unable to access registry after brontok.A [ 2 Answers ]

There is this virus by the name Rontokbro. This virus once it affcets the machine it disables the registry. For sometime now I have been successful in eliminating it by either Symantec or Norton. After this process I would normally run or instal 'UnHookExec' to enable the registry, but this time...

Unable to access 198.168.0.1 on my Server [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am unable to access 198.168.0.1 on my Internet Server. I have already wasted several hours trying to do so.Mine is a Broadband coneection with Cable Modem. Quick response will be appreciated Mangudi Anuratha

Unable to Access Safe Mode in XP SP2 [ 6 Answers ]

I am unable to start in Safe Mode in XPSP2, either by hitting F8 during boot up or using msconfig: BOOTINI/SAFEBOOT. Start up will not enter Safe Mode, but simply returns to the start up choices each time. Because of this, when I tried the msconfig method, the PC kept cycling and I could not enter...

View more questions Search