Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nyorovita Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Oct 24, 2007, 01:35 AM
    Spouse Maintenance (Alimony)
    I have filed for divorce with my wife of five years we have bn on separation for 2 years. The grounds are irreconcilable differences and desetion. She is claiming for spouse maintenance. She is 29 years old and is working but is lying in her papers that she is a volunteer. I do not want to pay alimony as I want to be ovr and done with her after the divorce. We have one son who I am fully supporting. What are the chances of me winning my case? And what grounds or matters can I bring to substantiate my cause for not wanting to maintain her??
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Oct 24, 2007, 04:19 AM
    Did you have any agreements together like, she would be a stay at home mom until your son goes to school? Did you agree to help her finish school? Etc... the judge will also look at the reason for the split. Really can't give any advice not knowing the details.
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Oct 31, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Maintenance is usually based upon her reasonably being able to live in the manner in which she has been accustomed to. Since your marriage was relatively short, and she seems to have the means to join the work force, this is in your favor and you shouldn't get stuck too hard (if at all), with maintenace.

Again, having a good attorney is your best way to protect yourself. Good luck!
    Nyorovita Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Oct 31, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Thanks Lobrobster your a star. I will take your advice and thanks for giving me strength
    camp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyorovita
    I have filed for divorce with my wife of five years we have bn on separation for 2 years. The grounds are irreconcilable differences and desetion. She is claiming for spouse maintenance. She is 29 years old and is working but is lying in her papers that she is a volunteer. I do not want to pay alimony as i want to be ovr and done with her after the divorce. we have one son who i am fully supporting. What are the chances of me winning my case? and what grounds or matters can i bring to substantiate my cause for not wanting to maintain her???
    All I can say is that I'm sorry for you. Gettting married is the first and last mistake anyone can make. Expect jail time and loss of jobs which leads to more jail time. "I Do" = "I'm f'd" period. Can't even buy a gun to off myself. Have fun!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family support/spouse support/alimony [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Northern California, I pay family support to my ex but is it the same than spouse+child support? How can I stop paying alimony to my ex who's getting married?

Spouse support/alimony [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Northern California, how can I stop paying alimony to my ex who's getting married?

Alimony for spouse [ 2 Answers ]

Iam from Ohio and have been married for 6 years do I have to pay alimony and if so how do they figure this out. She is working now but she wouldn't work when we lived together and nothing has been filed yet. Thank you Jeff

Can a cheating spouse be entitled to alimony [ 2 Answers ]

Can a cheating spouse be entitled to alimony? She has left her husband and now lives with another man but wants alimony. She has abandoned her home and 16 year old son.

Alimony when spouse is unemployed, AGAIN [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to embark on the finalizatiion of a long term marriage, (over 25+years) and my spouse is not working... I have waited for my children to grow up, but the last failure of employment dissolved the marriage. My youngest child is 17 and wants to stay in the family home, as I did. But I...

View more questions Search