Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tilly373 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 11:09 PM
    Why do I shake?
    Im 26. Ive been tested for diabetes and that came back negative - but every day at some point, my hands and my arms shake, I feel weak and as though the blood rushes from my body, I tend to suffer with panic attacks which I am starting to learn to control, so when I start to shake, as long as I keep calm and take deep breathes I manage to get myself something sweet to eat or drink e.g. ice cream or cola then after a couple of minutes I stop shaking? - if I can't get to anything I have to go and lie down and then it ends up in a panic attack and I'm in a right state if I'm honest, what does this mean?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 11:10 PM
    Consult another doctor about this problem, perhaps begin monitoring your blood sugar. You may not have diabetes, but you may have issues with hypoglycemia, so definitely investigate some more.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 06:25 AM
    It definitely sounds like a drop in sugar levels. Check with your doctor. Are you eating a balanced diet? You aren't skipping meals are you? Make sure you are eating enough protein.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 24, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Have you been checked for an iron or vitamin deficiency? It does sound like a drop in sugar levels or even hypoglycemia.

Follow up with your doctor. In the mean time, keep a log of when this happens. Leading up to it... did you eat? If so, what? Are you drinking plenty of fluids? Are you stressed? What time of day? Try and log everything happening around these episodes. It could also be a physical manifestation of a panic/anxiety attack that could require more professional assistance to handle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shake rattle and roll [ 1 Answers ]

Besides rotors,allignment and balancing what is causing my car to shake and shimmy at different times and at diff speeds? Sometimes it rides smoother than others but sometimes its enuff to drive you crazy!

Can't shake it off [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have had a unstable marriage over 8.5 yrs. Finally, as a result , we decided to separate for a while and possibly reconcilliate later on. This was agreeable to both of us until my father and step mother caught him in public with another woman. I was devastated! almost to the point...

Monitor shake [ 2 Answers ]

I just noticed that in the upper left hand corner my screen is shaking, I also noticed that as I'm turning the computer off, a bulls eye type image appears in that same corner, is there anything I can do about this? It doesn't seem like the screen is shaking anywhere else, I tried moving the...

Shake IT Shake It Daddio Daddio [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know the name of that song on the old navy stripes commecial. Shake it shake it Daddio Daddio... I can't find it anywhere... Does anyone know??

Hands that shake/tremble [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my hands have started to tremble. Do you know what causes this? Thanks for your help.

View more questions Search