Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Too Short Posts: 85, Reputation: -1

Oct 23, 2007, 10:32 PM
    Need weight on
    I'm 30 years old and I wear 89 pounds and i.m 5'3 is this my ideal weight. What advice can you give me to gain weight.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 10:40 PM
    89 pounds is light for your height, so I would suggest that you eat a healthy diet in omega-3 fatty acids and lean meats. Eat fish, chicken, some red meat, and some white meat, a good mix. Don't try to put on weight by eating junk, that's just fat, not good weight. Make sure you exercise, but not more than you need to. Don't forget to eat carbohydrates, whole grains, pasta, bread, rice, and eat dark green vegetables, they are high in vitamins and minerals and also proteins. Make sure to also eat a healthy amount of dairy products and fruits. If you just can't seem to keep weight on, you should probably see a doctor ro rule out any other health problem that may cause it.
    Too Short Posts: 85, Reputation: -1

Oct 23, 2007, 10:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    89 pounds is light for your height, so I would suggest that you eat a healthy diet in omega-3 fatty acids and lean meats. Eat fish, chicken, some red meat, and some white meat, a good mix. Don't try to put on weight by eating junk, that's just fat, not good weight. Make sure you exercise, but not more than you need to. Don't forget to eat carbohydrates, whole grains, pasta, bread, rice, and eat dark green vegetables, they are high in vitamins and minerals and also proteins. Make sure to also eat a healthy amount of dairy products and fruits. If you just can't seem to keep weight on, you should probably see a doctor ro rule out any other health problem that may cause it.

Thank you so much for the advice. I been going to the doctor and they say it my ideal weight but I don't think so.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 10:51 PM
    It's not terribly off your ideal weight, but if you want to put on weight you can try eating a very balanced diet, maybe a little high in caloric intake or healthy fats, and that might make you feel better.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Use this website it can really help. Start MyPyramid.gov - United States Department of Agriculture - Home
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Eat foods like tuna, salmon add ground Flax to your foods or salads and snack on walnuts, nuts and seeds.. Also try poulty, hamburger meat like chuck, legumes, chickpeas, kidney beans, peanut butter, (great on toasted bagel) omelets, with cheese, whole grains, cereals, rice, pasta, bagels and cornbread, granola .
    Veggies that are good choices are avacodos, olives, potatoes, with cheese, peas, corn, squash. Fruits like fruit in syrup, fruit nectars, and dried fruit. Use Protein Powders and Nutritional supplement shakes, like Ensure, or Instant Breakfast Cereal with your regular meals. Use milk instead of water in cereal, coups, sauces, mix cooked chop meat, wheat germ, nuts, beans or cheese in casseroles, pasta and side dishes. If you can add 300-350 calories a day to your normal intake you might gain acouple of pounds in time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

I'm 5,9 I weight 200 pounds! Is that the right weight for me? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 5,9 I weight 200 pounds! Is that the right weight for me?

My weight [ 2 Answers ]

I weigh 125lbs, 5'2 and I am 16 Is this a good weight for me? If not, what can I do?

Weight [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 10 years old. He weighs 98 pounds and is 4feet 6inches tall. What is the recommended weight for his height?

Weight [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old 6'2'' boy. I have always been skinny my entire life but now am beginning to get a little chubby. Just in the past month I have gone from 160 lbs to 180 lbs with no change in exercise or diet. Is there any reason for this jump in weight

View more questions Search