Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andrea_louise Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 05:37 PM
    My so called best friend and my ex
    Help really need advice.
    I was having a casual fling with a lad for quite a while and I really liked him hoping it would develop into something else. I had confided in my best friend all the things me and him got up to, and I feel she got in between me and him by getting very close to him. A couple of months ago she told me that him and her were now dating and there was nothing I could do I about it.
    I was really upset and I said to her why are you doing this to me because I felt I confided in her and told her personal private things. I have stopped speaking to her because she has hurt me and I also have cut all ties with him.
    Since I work in the neighbourhood I see him often walking passed looking in at me, I feel really hurt and betrayed but I am finding it hard to accept what has happened.
    Recently I found out that they are planning to move in together after Christmas, I am not happy about this. But I know I can't do anything.
    She is 10 years older than him (he is 23)

Just really confused I don't know what to do, feel as though I should move (cos it will hurt me if it got more serious after that) Moving away means I will never see them again and I will never know how it worked out, think it would help me in the long run.
    Can someone please give me advice
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 05:48 PM
    I know this betrayal has got to weigh heavy on you now.
    Moving away isn't the answer though.
    You cannot run from something like your feelings... they will just catch up with you on another day with another person.
    It will take some time to get over this, but be strong and don't let them bring you down to their level.
    There will be another guy...
    As for your girl friend, I am truly sorry... but she wasn't a true friend and it's better to know sooner rather than later.
    Let the 2 of them have one another because you deserve better...
    Time will heal all wounds - just hang in there and try to do things you enjoy doing to get your mind off the situation.

Best wishes.
    msilva76 Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Oct 23, 2007, 07:12 PM
    She was not your friend to begin with cause friends don't do that to each other and I wouldn't worry about getting back with him cause more than likely he will do it again and he will probably cheat on your friend to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friend makes fun of friend [ 15 Answers ]

My friend is always asking why we never hang out anymore.. He tells people that I ignore him. Well is this a good reason? Every time I'm around him or I talk to him he always brings up one of my flaws. He always makes fun of me about it and jokes about it. All my life I was teased about this yet he...

What are they called? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering what you call these symbols _ and -?

So called friend [ 1 Answers ]

OK I used to live with my friend. For christmas his aunt and uncle gave me a non-working computer that their office was throwing away. After some testing I discovered the problem, the hard drive was missing. So my roommate knowing how much I wanted 2 get it working went out and bought me a hard...

Should he have called? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this site. I've been out of the dating relm for awhile since I've recently got out of a long term relationship. I'm in my mid twenties and I've started dating this new guy. We've only been out 4 times, but each time has gone great with the last date being an overnight date, that I...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

View more questions Search