Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anne21 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Quadratic function-word problems
    Dieter makes a journey of 430 km, traveling 160 km by bus and 270 km by car. If the car averages 10km/h faster than the bus and the whole journey takes 5h, what is the speed of the car?

I don't get the question.. can anyone help me?? :)
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Use d=rt.

Let r = the bus rate. Then the car's rate is r+10.

Since the total time traveled is 5 hours, we have d/r=5

Solve for r.
    klonkj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2012, 02:05 AM
    Ygkjkjyub nfcdxlko,sfg,zax;lxljkfgj9siozkl,xcvdcdxkasd .lcv bndfrtguvijn sdzaxrtcv gbdffghtyr

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quadratic Equation word problem [ 4 Answers ]

A boat travels at a speed of 20 mph in still water. It travels 48 miles upstream, and then returns to the starting point in a total of 5 hours. The speed of the current is ____mph? I am not getting the setup right. Can someone help me?

Solving Quadratic Equations/ WORD PROBLEMS [ 5 Answers ]

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO SOMTHINGLIKE THIS?? The length of a rectangle is 2 feet more than the height. The area of the rectangle is 5 foot , find the base?

Quadratic Word Equations [ 3 Answers ]

SUPPOSE A BASEBALL IS SHOT UP FROM THE GROUND STRAIGHT UP WITH AN INITIAL VELOCITY OF 32 FEET PER SECOND. A FUNCTION CAN BE CREATED BY EXPRESSING DISTANCE ABOVE THE GROUND,S,AS A FUNCTION OF TIME,T. THIS FUNCTION IS S=16T^2+VOT+SO 16 REPRESENTS 1/2g, the gravitational pull due to gravity...

Quadratic equation Word promblem [ 2 Answers ]

A piece of copper tubing 60 inches long is cut into two equal pieces. Each piece is formed into a square frame. If the total area of the two frames if 117 square inches, what is the length of each piece of tubing?

Quadratic equation Word promblem [ 1 Answers ]

As people age, their ateries lose their elasticity, which causes blood pressure to increase. For healthy average systolic blood pressure is estimated by P=0.01A^2+0.05A+107, were P is the average blood pressure in millimeters or mercury (mm Hg) and A is the person's age. For healthy men, average...

View more questions Search