Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlblair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Freezing potatoes
    Is it OK to freeze freshly peeled raw potatoes?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Fresh/raw potatoes usually fall apart badly after freezing, so it's better to prepare the potatoes according to your favorite recipes first. After cooking the potatoes you want to freeze, cool them off quickly in the refrigerator, then wrap them up in a mositure proof package, seal and freeze.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are Potatoes Okay For Dogs? [ 6 Answers ]

Is it safe to feed a dog 1 1/2 tsp. boiled potato, mixed in with their food, two times per day, everyday?

Potatoes and dogs. [ 3 Answers ]

Is it truly bad to give a dog a potato? My stepmother says that it is unhealthy because it screws up the iron in their bodies. However, I asked other people, and some say it isn't true. So does it do that?

Potatoes [ 4 Answers ]

Do you add lime to soil for growing potatoes

BBQ Potatoes [ 5 Answers ]

I have been told to put a metal skewer through the jacket potatoes before I bbq them by my moaning father in law... Does this make any difference and if so whyyy!:)

Potatoes in tires [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone ever grow potatoes in tires stacked 4 or 5 high. I read somewhere some time ago that you can start potatoes in the first tire, and as they grow, pile soil up over the tops and they will just keep going until you have a sky high tube of tires totally teaming with tubers. :rolleyes: I...

View more questions Search