Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    friedmpa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Do you need a passport to travel in the USA?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 23, 2007, 10:33 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

If you are a foreign national (other than Canadian or Mexican) then yes you need a passport to enter the US.
    Funfawn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friedmpa
    Do you need a passport to travel in the USA?
    Yes
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Once you get into the United States, you do not need a passport to travel from state to state, not generally speaking. But if you are going on an airplane from, for example, New York City to St. Louis, keep your passport handy, just in case.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 10, 2007, 03:05 AM
    Once you are inside the U.S. with a legal passport you do not need it to travel within; from State to State. However, with the present circumstances due to terrorism it would be prudent to keep it with you.
    Stringer
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 02:15 PM
    To be more specific, if your from Canada and your driving into the US, NO you don't need a passport, if your flying, YES you do. Canadians driving into the US will need passports as of Summer 2008 but for now any government issued ID is good enough.

If your from any country other than Canada (or the US obviously) YES you need a passport

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is Astral Travel ? [ 4 Answers ]

Is astral travel necessary to reach Kingdom of God?

Probation travel [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on probation for a misdeamenor office for 1.5 years now with .5 years to go. During this time I have traveled to Europe and back for work. I did not gain permission from my officer. Additionally, my probation has recently been transferred to another state because of my resisdence. ...

Worried About Travel [ 2 Answers ]

I live in FL. I am the breadwinner in my family ($80k) with no college degree. Spouse has BA and teaches at a private school ($37K) We've been married 8 yrs. I have a job that involves some traveling. While it's not extensive it is becoming a concern. I presented my spouse with an offer of...

View more questions Search