Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ftales Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Child support and health insurance Texas
    I pay child support right now, and I have until the end of the year to start finding health insurance too. So that means I have to pay the child support plus the extra cost of the medical insurance each month. Is this correct? Or is their something I don't know about?
    famlee Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Oct 23, 2007, 10:29 AM
    The Texas Family Code (TFC) requires the court to order that health insurance be provided for a child involved in any suit affecting the parent-child relationship. If health insurance is available for a child through the employee's place of employment, the court may order the employee to include the child in the health plan. [TFC §§ 154.181, 154.182 ]

The amount the employee is required to pay for health insurance is in addition to the child support ordered by the court. Health insurance is a child support obligation and may be enforced as such. [TFC § 154.183 ]

A court order requiring that health insurance be provided for a child is a change in the family circumstances of the covered person equivalent to the birth or adoption of a child by the covered person. [TFC § 154.184 ]

Texas Attorney General

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes...htm#154.181.00

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Child Support Lien - Texas [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a lien on my ex husband's credit for a small portion of the child support. This lien was filed by my then attorney. Since that time our son has turned 18 and I wish to renew the lien for the full amount. Per the certified notice from the Child Support Office, the amount is now...

No Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is 25 and has cancer. She doesn't have any health insurance. Are there programs that can help get her medical attention.

View more questions Search