Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princessdiva Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 01:14 AM
    Good people are those who suffer the most.why?
    My boyfriend works with ten colleagues, they are all nice people but there is a particular person who in these last 5 years she hated my boyfriend for no reason, all you see in her is evil. She even reported her own colleague friends so she will look perfect to her boss.
    She was married for two years and she had now separated because she had an affair with someone else. She even won the house all for herself!

Last year, there was a call for promotions and my boyfriend really works hard and he is not a bad guy at all so he decided to apply. Everyone was interested so when the time had come to check who took the promotion, my boyfriend found out that she took the promotion.

So my whole point is this, why do bad people seem to have everything going plain sailing?
    What do good people expect in life? Some say, you have to be cruel to be kind but why do you have to be cruel to succeed? We always pray and we're Christians but life still remains hard for us. What is the reason? Please help me on this, any help will do! Thanks. :mad:
    silentrascal Posts: 194, Reputation: -2
    -

Oct 23, 2007, 04:37 AM
    Much of it has to do with the choices a person makes in life; other times its simply a matter of someone being in the right (or wrong) place at the right time (when either something good or bad happens to them).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2007, 05:22 AM
    A christian will not cheat, lie or steal to get ahead, They don't have things worst, they just have things they way they are.
    There is no promise even in the bible that things would be great for a Christian in fact in most cases we are told we will be hated and outcasts in the world. Look at the early followers of Christ, the 12, I don't think any of them retired with a good pension and lived a happy long life by the worlds standards, They lived a wonderful life in the spirit
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 23, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Psalm 37:7
    Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
    Psalm 37:6-8 (in Context) Psalm 37 (Whole Chapter)

Don't worry about what the wicked get, they will receive payment at Judgment.

Psalm 73:3
    For I was envious of the boastful,When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
    Psalm 73:2-4 (in Context) Psalm 73 (Whole Chapter)

Do not envy what those who are wicked gain. They lose it at eternity.

Jeremiah 5:28
    They have grown fat, they are sleek; Yes, they surpass the deeds of the wicked; They do not plead the cause, The cause of the fatherless; Yet they prosper, And the right of the needy they do not defend.
    Jeremiah 5:27-29 (in Context) Jeremiah 5 (Whole Chapter)

They prosper because we fail to pray. The fatherless are those without the LORD God. WE, as Christians, fail to take our place and rise up in prayer against the evil in this world.
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Oct 23, 2007, 08:30 AM
    I'm going to assume that by "good people," you mean "faithful Christians." Your post indicates that, so I guess it's a safe assumption.

My answer comes in two parts:

First, I think it's because our vision of right and wrong is NOT subjective and is not governed by the whims of the moment. Our standards are fixed in the eternity and entirety of God. Therefore, when we see people using "situational ethics" (in other words, "what's right for ME right NOW") and getting ahead by doing so, something in us is deeply offended, and there's an emotional component to such offense that easily translates into some sort of suffering on our part. We suffer because we grieve and/or rage at the PERCEIVED triumph of bad over good.

Second, you never really know whether the other person really "wins" or not. As a personal example, I once found myself in the same position as your boyfriend. I was passed over for a HUGE promotion (I was the second choice), and I was mad as all get out. However, the department that I would've headed up folded six months later. If I had gotten it, I would've been out of work, which would have had disastrous consequences for my family and I. Right then and there, I apologized to God for thinking that I knew better than He what was right and fair for MY life. You never know what's coming down the road, but God does, and he is faithful to His children, though we don't always see how He's doing it at the time.

Some verses I keep in mind during times like that are:

Matthew 5:45
    He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

John 15:19
    If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

But be assured that God will make all things right again one day.

Psalm 1:5-6
    5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
    Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
    6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
    But the way of the wicked will perish.

Psalm 37:12
    The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them;

Psalm 37:13
    But the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.

Psalm 37:16
    Better the little that the righteous have than the wealth of many wicked;

Psalm 37:34
    Wait for the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, you will see it.

Revelation 7:17
    For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 23, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Princess:

Proverbs 3:
    34 He mocks proud mockers
    But gives grace to the humble.

Matthew 5 - beatitudes

2 Thessalonians 5
    15Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.
    16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus

Now, I know quoting the Bible may not exactly make you all feel better, I can understand, but perhaps it is during this time when you struggle with envy and the Devil is goading you on, that you get closer to Christ to trust and depend on Him even more.

Grace and Peace
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Business is about getting results for your boss, that means being assertive and a high energy person. Overall, it has nothing about being either "good" or "bad". Jobs are about financial survival! A person has to go the extra mile and stand out in order to get a promotion. Leadership qualities figure into getting promotions.

Passive people, like most FundiEv Christians are, will not advance in a competetive business world. Others who are not competetive, will not advance either. Passive people make good reliable workers, not leaders and bosses.
    Lacey5765 Posts: 157, Reputation: 50

Oct 23, 2007, 09:52 AM
    I try to think of difficult and challenging times as a way to grow. Don't get me wrong, I still complain and wonder "why me?' but it does help to get through them. I like this story:
    President Ezra Taft Benson told the following story: "I well remember a young couple who started farming in Idaho years ago. They had modest means, but they paid a down payment on 40 acres of raw land. They were going into the raising of fruit-peaches particularly. They had leveled the land, brought out the laterals, planted the trees, and then weeded and irrigated and watched until the time had come when they'd have a harvest. This particular spring the orchard was a sea of blossoms, and it looked as though they were going to have a bounteous harvest. Then one night without warning, there came a frost that wiped out practically the entire crop overnight. Well, young John didn't go to church the next Sunday, nor the next Sunday, nor the next Sunday. Finally his good old bishop came out to see what was wrong. He found John out in the field, and he said, "John, we haven't seen you in church for several weeks. What's the matter? Is anything wrong?" John said, "No, bishop, I'm not coming anymore. Do you think I can worship a God who would let this happen to me?" And then he explained to the bishop what had happened. Of course, the bishop felt sorrowful, too, and he expressed it to John. And as he looked down at the ground for a moment, he said, "John, I'm sure the Lord knows that you can't produce the best peaches with frost. But I'm also sure he knows that you can't produce the best men without frost, and the Lord is interested in producing men, not peaches."
    Well, John went to church the next Sunday, and another year a harvest came. And I'm sure another frost came, too. But once we have really put our trust and faith in our Savior, we can look beyond our perceived injustices and express thanks for all our luxuries.
    Now when trials come I say to myself "I am being frosted"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Son might suffer from cleptomania [ 4 Answers ]

I am the parent of a 17 yr old boy who I think suffers from cleptomania. I has been an ongoing problem with him bringing different things home that we didn't buy for him. He was told not to bring nothing home that we have not bough, but that would not solve the problem since he gives the stuff...

Why did god make some people ugly and others good looking [ 30 Answers ]

I'm just so mad at everything all my friends are pretty and I'm the only ugly one around everyone tells me that I look ugly... even a person who I though was my friend said I was ugly I don't know why some people are born gorgeous... and others are born so ugly do you choose to be what you look...

Codalax is it good for old people? [ 2 Answers ]

My old grandmother is very ill and bed-ridden since last month. She is 84 years old. Lately she has been having constipation problems and my mother wants to buy something called Codalax for this problem. Her friend has told her about this medicine. It is not available in any pharmacies in our...

I truly believe my dentist let me suffer carelessly [ 3 Answers ]

With all due respect to those in the dental field, I believe that my dentist let me suffer needlessly. I went in for some fillings everything seemed to go well, but when I went home it felll right out. Shortly after the numbing wore off I was in a kind of pain I've never felt before even when I had...

View more questions Search