Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 11:20 PM
    Your Favorite Fortune Cookie Sayings!
    You know what I mean. :)

Those little pieces of paper that come out of the funny shaped cookies that we get at Chinese restaurants at the end of a meal, that we know are not true, and yet, in a lot of cases, we wish that they were!

After eating the cookie, they can be found in wallets, purses and hung on refrigerator doors with magnets.

So, what are some of your favorites that you really have received?

You can even be creative here and make up some that might be interesting!

My favorite ones that I have received are:

"Happy news is on its way." (Please! Oh, please! :) )

"You take a reverent attitude towards life and are most capable in guiding others." (Okay, nothing like a little ego trip here! :rolleyes: )

"You have a deep appreciation for art and music" ("It came true! It came true! They really do work!" :D )

"Share your abundant humor with others" (Huh? :confused:)

And, my all time favorite that I received when losing a game of Mahjongg on a very old Mac computer is:

"There will be a hailstone with your name on it!" :eek: )
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Oh, goodness! You want me to respond at 2:22 AM (my time!) on a MONDAY?? Sheesh! Good question, will try to get on again tomorrow and give it an answer or two. :D

Nightie night! :)

Hugs, Didi
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 11:29 PM
    "A dear friend will place immeasurable expectations upon you." (Self explanatory.) Hahahahaha!
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 11:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    "A dear friend will place immeasurable expectations upon you." (Self explanatory.) Hahahahaha!
    I resemble that remark! :D :eek:
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Waaah! Nobody likes my post! :(

Any more takers? :)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Ill go the opposite way...

My wife went to a chinese place that's been a fav of mine for years. She brought home the chocolate dipped fortune cookie for me... presenting it with "i saved this for you" and a smile.

I gladly thanked her, opened it, ate the cookie and read. When she saw my scowling she said "what?!"

It said "you are obstinate and always wrong"

I said "this was YOUR fortune!"

The RUDEST fortune cookie ever! Nice bit of writing, tightly done, no filler or useless flourishes, quick to the point.

To this day ill still get from time to time from her "well you KNOW you are obstinate and always wrong"
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 07:11 PM
    I've never had nor seen one that was dipped in chocalate.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 07:38 PM
    "Don't make excuses. Make good."
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Anybody ever done the joke where you put the words "in bed." at the end of any fortune cookie?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Huh?
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 09:46 PM
    You just add "in bed." to the end of any fortune cookie. It's fun!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 09:59 PM
    They will all wonder why I'm rolling around on the floor laughing next time we have Chinese for supper.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Hey! You changed your answer! That's cheating!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 10:11 PM
    I thought I might have offended you, and I certainly didn't want to do that.

Are we the only two people here tonight?
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 10:23 PM
    I know what you mean. It's usually very dead on Friday and Saturday nights. A lot of the usuals are gone. When I am house sitting for people over a weekend, I really like Friday and Saturday nights here because there are less interruptions by others who are really new to the site. Just hopefully, if someone posts who is really in trouble, there will be one or two others on at the same time who I know will also be helpful to the person who is in need that I can ask to join in on the post. Sometimes, that has not been the case though. It can get kind of strange when I seem to be by myself answering those posts. But, there are times when it's just great and I and the poster are really clicking and having a good problem solving session without interruptions.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 10:28 PM
    76-year-old friend just left a message. Got to return phone call right away.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 08:18 AM
    I forgot about the "in bed" game... another version is "in your pants"...

you will have good luck... in bed. You will meet an exciting stranger... in your pants. Always a fun twist. Well... wait... no... not in my case since now I'm

"obstinate and always wrong in bed"

PERFECT.

nothing like starting the weekend with a fifth of vodka.

*joking of course*

yeah this place has cookies with one half dipped in chocolate, like you'd get a choc dipped strawberry. Its yummy.

in bed. Perfect. I don't think I ever told my wife about that game. Just takes it to another level. =)
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2007, 12:57 AM
    Any other takers? The clock is ticking... :eek:
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Oct 28, 2007, 02:18 AM
    My boyfriend said one time he had one that said "you will meet the man of your dreams" then he said he would never read those again
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Oct 28, 2007, 02:36 AM
    This brought back another memory I have so well of my boyfriend where his mom took us to the chinese restaurant.. I kept trying to get him to read one of those fortune cookies but he wouldn't. I remember that day so well for a reason that I'd rather not say.
    And no effence to anyone or anything... this is funny though. My brother has a friends that's "big" and he even laughs at himself. Hes one of those kind of people. And him and my brother are always going to all you can eat places and stuff when they hang out... 1 time they went to the chinese all you can eat place and my brothers friend got them kicked out because he just sat their where they had the fortune cookies and kept eating them all.. and he went to get some food and didn't even bother taking it to a table to eat it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fortune tellers/psychics [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I've always wanted to meet a psychic or fortune teller and get read, but I've never had the opportunity. All the ones online say they're free, but you always end up having to pay. Does anyone know of a free website or is anyone a psychic on here that can give me a reading? I've always...

Fortune telling [ 2 Answers ]

I'm totally intrigued by this page. Can anyone claim to foresee other peoples futures from their posts? If so I would love to hear what anyone can tell me about myself. I'm willing to answer any questions

Can I make my own fortune [ 2 Answers ]

I have always wondered,with karma going around, that can we make and predict our own fortunes. . I'm from south africa and most people here do that through their ancestors and the elders of the family. . But is it really possible to control your own destiny in your own hands given you make the...

Fortune tellers predictions. [ 6 Answers ]

A fortune teller once said to me, that I will travel a lot, and will get married and have two boys. Well the only truth is that I married, the other two haven't happened. Another fortune teller told me that I :) would also have 2 boys. Does anybody believe in fortune tellers? Or did anybody get a...

View more questions Search