Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Confucius say: "War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left."

In bed?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 06:45 AM
    "If you wish to, you will have an opportunity"

"In order to take advantage of an opportunity, one must first recognize it"

I've always thought that if it was my job to write them, it would be hard to resist throwing in a zinger occasionally--something like "Your car is on fire in the parking lot"
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Confucius say, "This thread not dead!" :D
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 04:42 AM
    Craig I've never had a fourtune cookie I feel somewhat left out now :( and I love chinese food mmmmmmm in fact I just love food lol
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2007, 04:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Craig ive never had a fourtune cookie i feel somewhat left out now :( and i love chinese food mmmmmmm in fact i just love food lol
    Don't they have Chinese restaurants in England? :confused: I also love Chinese food! Eating Chinese food was a great part of my diet for awhile. Eating it is part of how I lost so much weight over a period.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 05:03 AM
    Yeah blimey there everywhere along with the indian ones but I've still never had a cookie I'm starting to think I'm depribed
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2007, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Yeah blimey there everywhere along with the indian ones but ive still never had a cookie im starting to think im depribed
    Getting a fortune cookie is a normal part of going to a Chinese restaurant, at least it is where I live. How about just asking for one the next time that you are at a Chinese restaurant?
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Ha they don't give anything away for free here giggle your more likely to be given a plate of imperial mints than a cookie.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Confucius say, "I gotta go to bed so that I can get up to ride with people for two gigs that we are playing at over the weekend out of town." So long, for now!. Will be back in full force on Sunday night!
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 12, 2007, 12:44 PM
    After my father's funeral in 1972, the family went out to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. At the end of the meal, we opened our fortune cookies. My mother turned white as a sheet and said, "Oh my God!" She handed me her fortune... it said:

Do not despair. He is well.

I swear, this is a true story. Can you say "synchronicity?" :)

Synchronicity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(by the way, Clough, this was in Rock Island Illinois at a now-defunct restaurant in the block just east of the Post Office; I think it was called "The Chinese Kitchen")

Vasily
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vingogly
    After my father's funeral in 1972, the family went out to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. At the end of the meal, we opened our fortune cookies. My mother turned white as a sheet and said, "Oh my God!" She handed me her fortune... it said:

Do not despair. He is well.

I swear, this is a true story. Can you say "synchronicity?" :)

Synchronicity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(by the way, Clough, this was in Rock Island Illinois at a now-defunct restaurant in the block just east of the Post Office; I think it was called "The Chinese Kitchen")

Vasily
    Amazing how messages that are so appropriate seem to come at just the right times.

Synchronicity? I would think so!

Below is from Synchronicity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events which occur in a meaningful manner, but which are causally unrelated. In order to be synchronous, the events must be related to one another conceptually, and the chance that they would occur together by random chance must be very small.
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2007, 06:36 PM
    I thought that this one was kind of cute! :)

"Your future is embarrassing. I can't even talk about it without curling right back up."
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I thought that this one was kind of cute! :)

"Your future is embarrassing. I can't even talk about it without curling right back up."
    You received THAT in a fortune cookie?? Hahahahaha!

I am tearing you away from the funny side and will share my most recent one: "Life will return to you WHAT YOU are prepared to put in it." Oh, so very true!

Hugs, Didi
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Hey, Didi! So good to see you back and active on the site! You have been sorely missed! :) :p :D

Actually, I didn't find that particular fortune cookie in a cookie. I found it on the Internet and thought that it was clever! :cool: :)

"Life will return to you are prepared to put in it."

I'm not sure that I quite understand it? :confused:

I can be kind of dense, you know!
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Dec 30, 2007, 09:33 PM
    I keep one by my computer, as it were. Just because it's the most awesome fortune I've seen from a cookie.

"Art misunderstanding by calm, poise and balance. Lucky # 18, 6, 55, 17, 19, 20"
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Pfffffftttttt!! Corrections made! :)
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 10:10 PM
    Thank you, Didi! Now I understand. Sounds like the kind of fortune cookie that I also need to receive right now! :)
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 11:13 PM
    Hi! Clough, Didi,

I just wanted to join in. My grandson and I have movie night on Friday nights. This consists of a bottle of cola for him and a bottle of wine for me and some Chinese take away. Our Chinese take away guy is very generous and often pops bits and pieces in the bag along with two fortune cookies. In the beginning, too busy with my food and wine to be bothered reaching for my glasses, I let my grandson undo them. He got such a good result and put such a smile on his face that I now let him read them each week. So far they have all been quite positive.

I got one once when I was going through stuff, I kept it for a long time then lost it. It said, "Life is not a fortune cookie!" I was in Glasgow at the time and that is quite typical of the Glasgow humour.

PS. Didi, Good to see you back. Hope alls well. The meeting with his mum went really well and he learned that he has another three brothers, that makes 5!!! He is looking so much happier. Thanks for all your advice.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 11:16 PM
    A co-worker said to me add "between the sheets." to your fortune cookie sayings. It makes them quite interesting.
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 11:19 PM
    Originally Posted by bluerose
    It said, "Life is not a fortune cookie!"
    How true! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fortune tellers/psychics [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I've always wanted to meet a psychic or fortune teller and get read, but I've never had the opportunity. All the ones online say they're free, but you always end up having to pay. Does anyone know of a free website or is anyone a psychic on here that can give me a reading? I've always...

Fortune telling [ 2 Answers ]

I'm totally intrigued by this page. Can anyone claim to foresee other peoples futures from their posts? If so I would love to hear what anyone can tell me about myself. I'm willing to answer any questions

Can I make my own fortune [ 2 Answers ]

I have always wondered,with karma going around, that can we make and predict our own fortunes. . I'm from south africa and most people here do that through their ancestors and the elders of the family. . But is it really possible to control your own destiny in your own hands given you make the...

Fortune tellers predictions. [ 6 Answers ]

A fortune teller once said to me, that I will travel a lot, and will get married and have two boys. Well the only truth is that I married, the other two haven't happened. Another fortune teller told me that I :) would also have 2 boys. Does anybody believe in fortune tellers? Or did anybody get a...

View more questions Search