Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ultimateps2gamer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2005, 10:58 AM
    Sink Sprayer Help
    Ok here's my problem about 6 months ago my sprayer broke on my kitchen sink and I just got aroudn to replace it. Before it broke I had no problems whatsoever with it. Now I installed a new sprayer head and the problem started immediately. What happens is the water runs fine out of the faucet but as soon as I go to use the sprayer head my whole sink shakes and rumbles it spits out intermittently for about 5 seconds and than the water quits coming out. Then when I release it the water does not come out of my faucet until I shut the water off and than turn it back on using the handles. I removed the sprayer head and let the water come out of the hose without the head, when I do this the same thing happens as stated if the head was on. What can this be and what can be the causes?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 2, 2005, 11:47 AM
    What you have is called "diverter chatter". The diverter is located at the base of the spout in the valve. It shuts flow off to the spout when you activate the sprayer. Remove the handle and spout check the diverter for any crud that may have lodged in it. If you need more instructions I'll need the brand name of the faucet and its age. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sink sprayer stuck HELP! [ 38 Answers ]

HELP!! I am a single mom of three and my sink sprayer is stuck on so I cannot use the kitchen sink. I am fairly "handy" and able to use tools. Can anyone advise me on how to fix this!

Smelly sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

When I first start using the sink sprayer, it emits a foul, rotten egg like smell for about the first 10-15 seconds. The house is less than 3 years old. We are the only owners. When I let up off the sprayer, there is no "kickback" like I have experienced with other sprayers. Any ideas? Thanks,...

Sink sprayer frustrations [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My sink sprayer is malfunctioning. I have an American Standard Connoisseur Kitchen Faucet (http://www.americanstandard-us.com/ProductNew.asp?prodID=407). The sprayer leaks and spits out a small amount of spray when I turn the faucet on. The faucet itself spits and sputters before water...

Kitchen sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer will spray but only a trickle comes out. I seem to have no pressure. Can you help me fix this.

Leaky Sink Sprayer [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I am completely non-mechanical... a bookworm... never even changed a tire (I did fix a lock once). With that as a preface... the sprayer head on my kitchen sink leaks. It is a pretty simple problem, as it is plastic (first problem) and it is leaking along the split in the front where the two...

View more questions Search