Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexxystephy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 04:52 PM
    I'm in a situation!
    If I paid child support to my Son's mother for almost 6 years and he is turning 18 and now lives with me, his daughter & daughters mother can I stop paying child support and ask for child support from her?
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 22, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sexxystephy
    If i paid child support to my Son's mother for almost 6 years and he is turning 18 and now lives with me, his daughter & daughters mother can i stop paying child support and ask for child support from her?
    Child support usually ends when the child is 18, or 21 if in school. You would have to get court order to get support from the mother.
    msilva76 Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Oct 22, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Probably not the child support system is all messed up by the time you would go to court your son would probably be 18 anyway
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 05:02 PM
    As the above posters said... once your child turns 18 child support stops (unless he is in school).
    famlee Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Oct 22, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sexxystephy
    If i paid child support to my Son's mother for almost 6 years and he is turning 18 and now lives with me, his daughter & daughters mother can i stop paying child support and ask for child support from her?
    With him having a child of his own and about to turn 18, I'd say your chances of getting child support from her is nearly zero. However, if he is living with you, I wouldn't continue to pay her child support.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Yes and no. Yes, you can stop paying child support (upon court order) and no, you cannot get child support for him. At 18 and being a father himself he is now emancipated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Situation. [ 4 Answers ]

I have spent the last year with a girl I really love. Out of nowhere she says she doesn't want to be together because I am going to college and she thinks it will be easier to end it now than later. The thing is college is just an hour down the road and we could make it work.. So later on I go see...

Here is my situation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My name is Patty and I have a total of 16,000 in credit card debt. In 2002 because of a large corporate buyout I lost my job and had to take unemployment. I was making 20.00 per hour. I am 49 and at my age it was hard find a job. I finally landed a job in 2003 at Davits Bridal making not...

Serious situation [ 7 Answers ]

I don't like to admitt but I'm a little bit on the smaller side, is there anything out there that can help me?

My situation [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Before marriage I was hving a affair with my uncle's daughter... but we couldn't make it up.. to marriage... and we departed in different way.. after 4 years I got married and she too got marreid... but now she is getting interest on me and asking me to take a trip with her to a hilly resort...

My Situation... [ 18 Answers ]

I had been dating this girl for about 15 months. We seem to have been perfect for each other. We almost never got into arguments and when we did, it was over within an hour. Everything was just going perfectly, we considered marriage in the future (after college in like two years) and both had...

View more questions Search