Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nara_deer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Back Pay Issues
    Is there a statute of limitations in the Province of Ontario in Canada in relation to back pay [owing] issues?

Would appreciate an answer on this since there appears to be a 'stringing-along' with promise of an imminent answer. I wonder, though, perhaps suspiciously so, whether the matter is being delayed until beyond time limits of some sort.

Thanks for your response!
    nara_deer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nara_deer
    Is there a statute of limitations in the Province of Ontario in Canada in relation to back pay [owing] issues?

Would appreciate an answer on this since there appears to be a 'stringing-along' with promise of an imminent answer. I wonder, though, perhaps suspiciously so, whether the matter is being delayed until beyond time limits of some sort.

Thanks for your response!
    P.S. I should mention that the company owes back pay to ME -- I don't owe them -- and it's been dragging on without any particular answer these past couple of years. Their lawyer [I]says that he'll get them to give me a settlement, but he says it over and over, and I'm wondering whether there is some limit coming up. The pay in question WAS for the 2000-2001 period, although the contract was signed early in 2001.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Hello nara:

If there is, it's YOU who's going to slide past it - not them!

The statute of limitations limits the time YOU have to file suit against these people – not the time they have to pay you. Frankly, I think you have dilly dallied too long...

If it were me, I'd get myself down to the local courthouse and file a lawsuit. I'd do it TODAY. In fact, I would have done it the FIRST WEEK - not years later. But, that's me. I don't like people messing with my money.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

Should I pay back after 14 years [ 2 Answers ]

I was sued for $1300.00 14 years ago in Ontario Canada, by a business partner, went to small claims court she won, but when it was time for her to give her address to the judge she said she did not have one, the judge then said until she mailed me her address I could not start paying monthly...

How to pay him back? [ 11 Answers ]

My partner lately has been very giving and affectionate, he takes me out to dinner, he drives all the way from 5 suburbs just to drive me home which is a 5 seconds drive, he pays for absolutely everything and he constantly buys me perfume, jewellery. This is all great except that fact that he...

The best pay back [ 8 Answers ]

The best way to get back at an ex for dumping you is to keep your dignity. When they break the news to you, remain calm and never create a scene. Walk away with your head high. Usually when they dump you, the last thing they remember is the scene you created (crying, begging, violence stalking,...

Back issues [ 2 Answers ]

I apologize for my engilsh is bad,please sir, Where can I get all the: Inside Kung-Fu Magazine back issues ? Please sir help me,I want buy all,

View more questions Search