Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thevirgin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 08:16 AM
    My dog hurt his leg
    I need to know what type of over the counter medicines I can give my dog for inflammation.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Don't give any of the newer stuff, acetophen, Tylenol, Advil, Ibuprofen, etc. You could give buffered Aspirin, 5 mg per pound of body weight, a standard 325 mg tablet for a 65 pound dog. It may be easier to dose small dogs with baby size tablets.

I am asking to have this moved to the dog forum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Numbness in right leg [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there can anybody help me?. Over the last 6 months I have had like a numb tingling type of sensatiom in my right thigh at he front and side of my thigh to just above the knee... I have mentioned this on several occasions to my gp but I don't get any explanations as to what this could be... Does...

Dog lifts his leg to urinate outside his crate [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is 1 1/2 years old and has been crate trained since he was 6 months old. We returned home the last two nights to find that he had lifted his leg to pee outside the crate. We had taken him out before we left on both occasions. He wasn't alone for more than 4 hours either night and he has...

Broken leg, no one walking dog [ 3 Answers ]

Salutations, I broke my leg 2 weeks ago and am unable to walk my 2 year old dog (which has always for some reason been my job) No one in my family has walked her for the aforementioned amount of time, and I feel terrible for her, is this really bad for her health? Fondly, Nat.

My Dog Either Broke Or Smashed Hind Leg [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering what I should do for my dog. My heavy sliding gate fell over on one of my dog back legs. When he stands, It kind of hangs from the ankle and foot area. It looks smashed it that one spot, with swelling around it. What can I do to treat him before I get him to the vet. I...

My Dog seems to have leg pain [ 7 Answers ]

I have a nine year old boxer and every now and then he holds his leg up like it's giving him a lot of discomfort. The vet gave him a few pills once that cost over$100.00 but didn't help the problem a bit. I hear it's common in big dogs but I'm wondering if anybody can tell me how to take care of...

View more questions Search