Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    levesterc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 07:27 AM
    changing thermostats
    I'am changing to a digital thermostats. The old one is honeywell but the wiring is different form the new honeywell.. old one Lr69071 has 6 wire y=yellow g=green o=ornage r=red w2=white and x=gray
    y g o r w2 x. The new one has rh rc w y g model# RTH230B. Do I have the right thermostat and how can I wire this and replace the old one.

lc
    [email protected]
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Your old thermostat is a two stage heat pump thermostat, your new one is not correct, return it and get one for a two stage heat pump. Good luck, Mike
    levesterc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 06:38 AM
    OK thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 23, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Sorry acetc, but I got to spread some around before I can give you a greenie. Good call.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing the outside unit vs. Changing the whole system [ 7 Answers ]

My outside unit leaks Freon and needs to be replaced. The system is about 9-10 years old. Initially, the contractor gave me a $2500 estimate to change the outside unit to a new Trane XR14. When the written estimate came, it included changing the coil and fan package inside (it's a ceiling unit)...

Changing Thermostats [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a "White Rodgers 1F94-71" with a "Carrier TSTATCCPHP01-B". The wiring on the White Rodgers is: O-Orange, Y1-Yellow, C-Black, G-Green, White jumper wire from Y-1 toW1, Brown jumper from E1 to W2, R-Red. The following are unused spaces:B,Y2,E2,L,&W3. The Carrier has...

Two thermostats to one [ 3 Answers ]

Right now I have two separate thermostats, one obviously controlling the A/C (heat pump), and the other controlling a gas furnace. To save money, I've upgraded the heat thermostat to a programmable thermostat (using two wires, red and green). I would love to have one thermostat controlling the...

Thermostats [ 1 Answers ]

Hope there is someone that can help me out my mother lives about an hour and a half from me and I was hooking up a thermostat for her heating and cooling unit her old unit was a rheem and the new one was a honeywell and the wiring digram was totally different is there anyone out there that can tell...

Thermostats [ 5 Answers ]

I have a kind of off the wall question. First of all, we have a hot water boiler system which is 2 zone (1 upstairs, 1 down). I was wondering if there was such a thing as putting an extra sensor in the bedrooms that would trigger the thermostat to kick on if one of the rooms gets below a certain...

View more questions Search