Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heyjude43 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 04:41 AM
    Hampton Bay motion sensor
    Installed new Hampton Bay motion sensor to replace old one that stayed on. It is installed correctly as red sensor light on, however, I cannot get it to go on either in test mode or real. It will not go on a motion sensor or steady light. Did the on/off several time and nothing. Bulbs are good. Any ideas
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 22, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Just because the red light is on does not guarantee that you wired it correctly. It may be a bad switch but more likely you made a mistake somewhere. Did you run just your hot wire to and from the switch. That would be a black line coming to the switch and a white with black tape or another black wire leaving the switch going to the bub.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay outdoor flood light (motion/optical) [ 1 Answers ]

My HB flood lights stopped working recently, but if I turn the unit to "test", wave my hand in front of the sensor, the lights pop on. Turning it back to 1,5, or 10 minute timer delay does not work, even in the dark. Faulty opical sensor? Would that prevent the unit from operating in timer mode?

Hampton bay remote control for hampton bay fans [ 2 Answers ]

We cannot get the ceiling light to go off on our fan in the bed room. It would not go on and in the middle of the night is just came on by itself and we can not get it off Joanne Moreland

Wiring 3 way motion sensor switches [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have 2 3-way motion sensor switches I want to install in my garage. There currently are two 3-way switches on different walls. The setup is different from another thread I was reading on this site.. . In my case the power (2 wire w/ground) goes to the light, and each of the switches...

Motion sensor switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a leviton motion activated light control I just purchased. In the wall switch there is a black red green and white... on the new switch there is a black green and red... I got the black and green but does the red on the new switch go to white?? Thanks in advance

Hampton Bay Exterior Motion Detect Lights... [ 1 Answers ]

This will be a dumb question, but our contractor put up two of the Hampton Bay Motion Detecting lights on our detached garage. The problem is that they pitched the boxes, and the directions before we even had a chance to figure them out. Now, only the test works, which stays on for 10 seconds. ...

View more questions Search