Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bespong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 11:16 PM
    Best facial wash
    I have a very sensitive skin. I have a lot of pimples before, but when I started using differin cream my pimples slowly disappear, But, still coming back! Differin is very good but I do not know the best facial cleanser that will compliment on that. Any suggestion?
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Oct 21, 2007, 11:25 PM
    Man it sounds crazy but I put hydro cortizone cream on my face and it cleared up in like 2 days!
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Oct 21, 2007, 11:35 PM
    I used to use St Ives medicated facial scrub. I love how clean my face would be and how gentle it was. I have pro active soloution but find I am paying for a bunch of crappy side products I do not like and do not use. I do not have a problem with acne though, but have seen the St Ives work for people.
    edzmedz Posts: 180, Reputation: 12

Oct 22, 2007, 01:26 AM
    Try Neutrogena acne-prone soap, or their deep clean liquid soap. It's really good. I use it twice daily. If u feel it over dries your skin you can simply use it less often.
    CindyLynn Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Oct 22, 2007, 01:53 AM
    Proactive system used once a day and a mild soap and water and mild lotion (dove works for me) is the best combination that I have found. My husband uses the proactive twice a day, but his skin is more oily. It dries mine out too much. Since we began this we have neither had a break out at all!! We were both fighting major breakouts daily... like teenagers till we started proactive!

We both tried all of the best prescriptions creams, pills, gels... you names it we did it. We even did laser, blue light, and peels. Spent thousands of dollars. Then finnally proactive did the trick. We tried it by accident after the mailman put it in our mailbox by mistake and then the company wouldn't give us a return postage after it was opened by mistake :(. So they told us to just keep it. So we did and used it! And it worked. Funny story but we are only our third order since. I sound like a commercial but I hope your try it and like it. They will give you refund it you don't.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 03:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Leidenschaftlich für Wahr
    Man it sounds crazy but i put hydro cortizone cream on my face and it cleared up in like 2 days!
    Please don't use hydrocortisone on you face unless absolutely necessary and directed to by your doctor. It is a steroid cream and can cause skin thinning amongst other skin damage when used incorrectly. When I worked for a pharmacy we were not allowed (legally) to sell it for this purpose.
    Why can't hydrocortisone cream be used on the face? - Health Questions - NHS Direct

As for the original question. I really like Simple face wash as it has no unnecessary ingredients such as perfumes so is gentler on skin.
    edzmedz Posts: 180, Reputation: 12

Oct 23, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane
    Please don't use hydrocortisone on you face unless absolutely necessary and directed to by your doctor. It is a steroid cream and can cause skin thinning amongst other skin damage when used incorrectly. When I worked for a pharmacy we were not allowed (legally) to sell it for this purpose.
    Why can't hydrocortisone cream be used on the face? - Health Questions - NHS Direct

As for the original question. I really like Simple face wash as it has no unnecessary ingredients such as perfumes so is gentler on skin.

And it probably promotes hair growth since it has cortisone in it. Then u will have another problem:)
    bugaboo1001 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Hello there! You sound just like how I used to be. I have used proactive for probably about a year, and I am not going to lie, it works. However several friends and I were discussing how we go through these extreme cycles were your skin is perfectly clear and then comes the time of the month and its pizza face again.
    I STRONGLY encourage you to go to zerozits and read there articles and buy there products!
    There line is called sage advice and basically there is no "extra gunk" in ANY of there products. You can go to the "try me packs" and buy the "acne sensitive" package.
    I can't make in any other clearer then by saying that these products completely HEALED my skin.
    I hope this helps you!
    p.s. if you decide not to go with these, just make a quick self note not to use anything with glycolic acid in it. It is extremely harsh and is dangerous in the sun. (proactive toner has this)
    Good Luck!
    swethakanna Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2007, 03:01 AM
    use cucumber juice or aloevera gel for washing your face. Don't go for products that has a lot of chemicals always try for natural remedies. Unless your stomach is clean you won't have a clear face so do deworming and a full stomach clean three months once. Mix 5spoons of castor oil to your coffee in the moring. Wake up early drink coffee when its warm your infomed not to take naps in between as the oil may get digested. So fast that morning have a plain soup in the afternoon, by evening your stomach will be clean then you can have fruits that night. From next day eat what ever you want. Don't eat too oily or junk foods frequently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Facial Hair [ 2 Answers ]

What's the fastest way to grow facial hair?

Facial fat [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a baby, and can't seem to get rid of my double chin and my chubby cheeks that I never had before, are there any facial exercises instead of surgery that I can do?

Facial satisfaction [ 4 Answers ]

I'm studying for a dissertation looking into facial satisfaction compared with body satisfaction within 2 groups. Those likely to suffer with eating disorders and those not likely. I'm not having much luck with finding information about this topic any help?

View more questions Search