Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacksgirl Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2007, 11:11 PM
    Am I OK
    I have a longer than normal cycle of 35 days. My lmp was sept 20, since Thursday I have had a very painfull tenderness in my lower right side, approximatley between my hip and pelvis, this pain only temporarily subsides, I have had numerous pregnancy's only 2 full term and I have never experienced this pain before. Has anyone experienced this pain? Could I be pregnant and something is wrong?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 01:19 AM
    It's possible that you may have an ectopic pregnancy. If your period is more than 2 weeks late and you're having pains, I'd go see a doctor for sure.
    CindyLynn Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Oct 22, 2007, 02:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksgirl
    i have a longer than normal cycle of 35 days. my lmp was sept 20, since thursday i have had a very painfull tenderness in my lower right side, approximatley between my hip and pelvis, this pain only temporarily subsides, I have had numerous pregnancy's only 2 full term and i have never experienced this pain before. has anyone experienced this pain? could i be pregnant and something is wrong?
    Hi Jacksgirl,
    I am an RN that specializes in labor and Delivery. With your cycle of 35 days that woud put your period due today, the 22nd. IF you were pregnant that would mean you could be 4 weeks pregnant. If there is a chance you are pregnanct and you are experiencing this pain it is possible that you could have what is call an ectopic pregnancy which is a pregnancy in your tubes. This can be very serious. What happens is that instead of the egg moving down to the uterus and implanting, it inplants in fallopian tubes and begins to grow. It can then grow and cause the tube to rupture. If this happens it can be very serious. If you are having this pain you need to go immediately to the emergency room and get a pregnancy test. The systmtoms are the regular symptoms of pregnancy possible spotting, sore breast, positive test and soreness like you have described. Please go to the ER immediately. If it is nothing then they will send you home. But it is it ectopic youi will need emergency surgery. I am happy you asked the question.
    Cindy

Oct 22, 2007, 03:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyLynn
    Hi Jacksgirl,
    I am an RN that specializes in labor and Delivery. With your cycle of 35 days that woud put your period due today, the 22nd. IF you were pregnant that would mean you could be 4 weeks pregnant. If there is a chance you are pregnanct and you are experiencing this pain it is possible that you could have what is call an ectopic pregnancy which is a pregnancy in your tubes. This can be very serious. What happens is that instead of the egg moving down to the uterus and implanting, it inplants in fallopian tubes and begins to grow. it can then grow and cause the tube to rupture. If this happens it can be very serious. If you are having this pain you need to go immediately to the emergency room and get a pregnancy test. The systmtoms are the regular symtoms of pregnancy possible spotting, sore breast, positive test and soreness like you have described. Please go to the ER immediately. If it is nothing then they will send you home. But it is it ectopic youi will need emergency surgery. I am happy you asked the question.
    Cindy
    I had a friend take me to emergency around midnight on Saturday( we only have a small local hospital ) the nurses told me that they weren't calling the doctor that late at night and told me I probably had a virus and just wait it out. I am now feeling a little faint and have no appetite, I am worried as I am on my own with 2 young children and am unable to go to the hospital. I am now getting stomach cramps, but no sign of bleeding.
    CindyLynn Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Oct 28, 2007, 08:21 PM
    I am just checking on you to see if how you are feeling? Hope you are OK. Let us know.

By the way, what the hospital did was illegal and should be reported! You can go to The Joint Commission and report them. They cannot refuse to give you a medical screening because it is late at night if they run a 24 hour emergency room!

Oct 28, 2007, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyLynn
    I am just checking on you to see if how you are feeling? Hope you are ok. Let us know.

by the way, what the hospital did was illegal and should be reported! You can go to The Joint Commission and report them. They cannot refuse to give you a medical screening because it is late at night if they run a 24 hour emergency room!
    I seen a doctor who suggested I might have polycystic ovarian syndrome, I am not pregnant, he got me to have urgent blood tests and an ultrasound, it seems as though the scans revealed a number of cysts on ovaries and something on the uterus as well, the doctor has not got the results yet. I am still in pain, but am glad my doctor is trying to solve it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search