Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuningvelocity Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Capital Gain?
    How much would an investor earn on a stock purchased 1 year ago for $63 if it paid an annual cash dividend of $3.75 and had just been sold for $67.50? Would the investor have experienced a capital gain? Explain

Thanks.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2007, 07:09 PM
    YOu purchased 100 shares(a round lot)of shares of ABC Company for $63.00 a share and sold them for $67.50. You have a capital gain of $450($4.50 a share increase times 100 shares).

While you owned the stock, it paid a dividend of $3.75($3.75 a share times 100 equals $375.00). You have divident income of $375.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capital Gain Tax [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have purchased a defaulted home as an investment property. I have renovated the home & now I am planning to sell it. I never used that home for my residence purpose. I know that property held for more than one year will be taxed as long term property. I want to know, how the holding...

Capital Gain - Usa Italy [ 1 Answers ]

I am an italian citizen resident in Italy. Years ago I bought shares of an american Company (an Inc). Now I am going to sell those shares. Am I entitled to pay the us federal tax withholding? The Ameican broker has Asked me to fill out the w-8ben form. Taxation should depend on the USA-ITALY ...

Short term capital gain [ 3 Answers ]

What makes a short term capital gain qualified?

Capital gain taxes [ 2 Answers ]

Hello atlanta tax expert, yesterday I asked a question about capital gain taxes and I didn't give all the figures, sorry about that, Maybeit will help with my new question, my wife inherited 25% of some property that her mother owned when she passed away in 1997 50% was owned by her aunt and 25% by...

Capital Gain Tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I am new to this forum and have a question about Capital gain tax I inherited a comercial property from my father in 1998. At the time of probate the property was valued at $150,000.00 I Have just accepted an offer to sell for $110,000.00 Do I owe Capital Gain Taxes?

View more questions Search