Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Oct 21, 2007, 06:34 PM
    What can I do for chest congestion?
    I'm 34w2d and have been trying to get a sinus infection. Well today it has moved to my chest and I feel aweful! I've been drinking tea with honey, found some all natural halls to fight cough, and was also recommended to put Vicks Vaporub on the bottoms of my feet while I sleep. I just feel terrible! Not really coughing anything up, but when I do it has that taste you get when you have bronccitus. (Sorry if TMI) I was just wondering is there anything more I can before seeing a doctor. I know this has been going around, and most people I know it has just been a cold. I'm just hoping it's not trying to turn to something else! Thanks in advance for any input.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Oct 21, 2007, 06:38 PM
    You seem to be doing everything right. I would see the doctor on Monday. The last thing you want is an infection to send you into preterm labor.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Oct 21, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Thanks. I didn't know an infection could do that! I have been losing very large pieces of my mucous plug today. None has had bloody show, so I'm keeping fingers crossed that he will stay in for another 4 weeks.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Try Echinacea, zinc, goldenseal and Vitamin C and flavinoids. The herbal remedy is best used by alternating each herb in two-week rotations during cold season-such a regimen will successfully build the body and help in maintaining the proper functioning of the immune system aside from guaranteeing future immunity against recurring attacks of sinusitis.

Check with the doctor if echinacea and goldenseal are safe during pregnancy.
    Just checked and goldenseal is out when you are pregnant. Not sure about echinacea.
    dawnle46 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by automansgirl
    I'm 34w2d and have been trying to get a sinus infection. Well today it has moved to my chest and I feel aweful! I've been drinking tea with honey, found some all natural halls to fight cough, and was also recommended to put Vicks Vaporub on the bottoms of my feet while I sleep. I just feel terrible! Not really coughing anything up, but when I do it has that taste you get when you have bronccitus. (Sorry if TMI) I was just wondering is there anything more I can before seeing a doctor. I know this has been going around, and most people I know it has just been a cold. I'm just hoping it's not trying to turn to something else! Thanks in advance for any input.
    You can use any of the tylenol products like tylenol cold that what my daughter ob told her and you can use sudafed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chest and Stomach [ 9 Answers ]

So about 4 months ago I was having chest pains and so I went and had tests done and nothing was found but my doc said that I had most likey pulled a muscle in my chest so he gave me meds for that, well now 4 months later the pains are starting back up and move around. My mom had mentioned that she...

Fatty chest [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I have some how developed heavy fat on the chest... I am 5'10" and my weight is 78.. I have good muscles on shoulders and biceps.. but some how since 10 std I have this chest fat and it looks oughful on t shirts.. and if I need to take it off.. thats a nightmare.. so please let me know about...

Chest pain [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 38 year old male in pretty good health I think. About 7 months ago I went to the emergency room because I was having some chest pains and felt dizzy. I also had tingling down my arm. After the EKG, blood work, CT scan and heart monitoring, they sent me home telling me that everything was...

About the chest [ 2 Answers ]

Is is true that when you lose weight you alos lose weight in your chest?? That is what I am trying to do... for most of the part I am trying to lose weight for me and then my chest.:confused:

Chest loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 13 and I lift weights and am okay looking. I am fine with everything except my chest or "tittie area". They are not quite "man boobs" but I'm not proud of them either. Is there any cardio, weight traing I could go on to get rid of this, and in at least 2 months? I will take any comments....

View more questions Search