Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brashj54 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2007, 02:19 PM
    I am a burden, so I am refusing food and water
    I am 53, I am diabled, but I have no car, false teeth that need repacing and my family will not help enough, and I am not blaming them, to help me get either, I have become Completely ISOLATED. I am dependent on the family that will help, though they make it clear they help begrudgingly, they never call I sit 24/7 alone in my little apartment with no one to talk to. I am depressed severely, and MY FAMILY HAS TOLD ME TO SHUT UP ABOUT MY DEPRSSION AND SITUATION. I have stopped all fluid in take and food, I am ready to die, You are strangers, but I need your advice so much. I love The Lord,and don't want to meet Him this way. That is if He will accept me if I do this. I don't know what else to do. I have, believe me, the resolve to carry it through, and no one ever checks on me so I have opportunity to do it, but it breaks my heart, what if Jesus won't except me because I took my life by not eating or drinking. I am so lost guys. I have prayed to Him for over a year to help me change my situation, and He hasn't I don't have time to explain, but there is nothing I can do to change it and the lonliness is unbearable. Please give me adviseASAP. Thank you.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 21, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Pick up a phone book and call a church now. Call the ER and ask for referral for help. Jesus would not want you to take your own life. Thank you for reaching out. I pray that He will direct your calls to the place of His choice. Please do not give up. He loves you VERY MUCH and wants to take care of you. Please let Him and reach out to a church.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Oct 21, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Savedsinner7 has given you some good advice. If you call a church and tell them what you just told us, I am sure they will have people from their parish to come and visit with you. Also, please seek help in dealing with your depression.

Your love for the Lord could be a great comfort to you. Have you thought about spending time praying for others? Many churches will give lists of prayer requests to people who have a lot of time to spend in prayer. You may be feeling as if there is nothing you can contribute right now, but I think in this way, you could still serve the Lord and others in a very special way. Also, there are plenty of people here that are great to talk to and carry on good conversations with.
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Oct 21, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Please eat PLEASE eat? I just thought about one of my parents stopping eating or drinking and it made me so depressed. I couldn't imagine by daddy dying I would cry myself to sleep for months.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 21, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Yourself loathing is obvious and abundant! And your ability to reach us and reach out is evident!
    You clearly have within yourself the resolve to over come this temporary mental struggle.
    YOU have to resolve your internal crisis! No help from outside! Stumbling blocks for some are stepping stones for others.
    I wait for you on the other side.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Oct 21, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Your self loathing is obvious and abundant! And your ability to reach us and reach out is evident!
    You clearly have within yourself the resolve to over come this temporary mental struggle.
    YOU have to resolve your internal crisis! No help from outside! Stumbling blocks for some are stepping stones for others.
    I wait for you on the other side.
    So, I take it that brashj54 is trolling?

Oct 21, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Dear wangdoodle, Thank you for your concern and advice, You are right about helping others. I am afraid I couldn't follow CaptainRich. I have spent this day praying, I am trying to let God have His way. Thank you again.
    Onan Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Oct 21, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangdoodle
    So, I take it that brashj54 is trolling?
    I hope not, because I felt really bad for this person while I was reading the post.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2007, 07:46 PM
    My situation is like yours only I'm much older.

I have a very enjoyable, yet very simple life, that I have purposely evolved so that I have a way to enjoy life daily despite multiple disabilities. I have the help of a state paid homemaker, or else I would have to be in a nursing home. Depending on your disabliity, can you get a helper?

There are always ways you can help yourself love the life you have. That is the secret of happiness... enjoy the life you have. :) Not all situations are changeable, especially senior citizen poverty, and so on. You have one lifeline that is the most important... a computer.

There is little chance you can starve yourself to death, in my opinion. Your body will reject that road to death because it is so unnatural amid plenty.

I wouldn't contact someone who will give you a religious solution to your problems right now. You need real help in the real world to help you fight against the anger and depression in your life.
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Oct 22, 2007, 06:12 AM
    All of the above answers contain good advice.

If you like, PM me and tell me what city and state you are in, and I will do my level best to locate good sources of help for you.

Oct 22, 2007, 07:00 AM
    There are many resources for help out there. Often churches will be able to direct you. As you are one of faith, I encourage you to reach out to the body of Christ and allow Him to help you through them.
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Oct 22, 2007, 11:19 AM
    If you have the insurance see a psychologist for your depression & talk out your problems with him or her. Also contact the department of human services, they may be able to direct you to the help you need if they can't provide it themselves.

Oct 22, 2007, 03:44 PM
    I have to disagree that depression is necessarily a result or showing self loathing or anger. I have dealt with and been treated for it since I was 17. I have known MANY people who suffered from depression, where no anger or self loathing was involved. It is usually easier to put people who suffer from this in that box than to show compassion. It is called shooting the wounded. At one time or another we all need some help in our life most people do at some point. And sadly there are far to many that need to be understood and helped in one way or another but they are pushed aside or scolded as feeling sorry for themselves. But to call it self loathing and anger turned inward lets people off the hook, so they can avoid at all cost simply understanding and caring. I read a lot of Post on this site where people are crying out for help, I am glad to say for the most part they get caring and understanding, there will always be those few incapable of that, they have issues they need to deal with. Caring doesn't cost anything.

Oct 22, 2007, 03:57 PM
    I realized I suffered depression when I was 13. Suicidal off and on for 20 years. In the last 3 years, I have found great times of peace in Jesus and also times of battle. Right now is one of the battle times. What helps me is being connected in church with women (I am one:) ) and prayer. Also, I've found that searching Scripture and finding one or two to use each week is a great weapon. I use BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 50 versions and 35 languages. to search. Then I write the verse on an index card and when I feel heavy or defeated, take the card out and read it. Not entirely sure how the Sword of the Spirit works, but God promises that it will. Hope you find the answers you are looking for, and the strength to fight. Kel
    Quote Originally Posted by brashj54
    I have to disagree that depression is necessarily a result or showing self loathing or anger. I have dealt with and been treated for it since I was 17. I have known MANY people who suffered from depression, where no anger or self loathing was involved. It is usually easier to put people who suffer from this in that box than to show compassion. It is called shooting the wounded. At one time or another we all need some help in our life most people do at some point. And sadly there are far to many that need to be understood and helped in one way or another but they are pushed aside or scolded as feeling sorry for themselves. But to call it self loathing and anger turned inward lets people off the hook, so they can avoid at all cost simply understanding and caring. I read a lot of Post on this site where people are crying out for help, I am glad to say for the most part they get caring and understanding, there will always be those few incapable of that, they have issues they need to deal with. Caring doesn't cost anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a guy takes a while to orgasm during sex is that a blessing or a burden? [ 9 Answers ]

Was with a girls but took 35 min to orgasm,with her again took 30 min to orgasm.Only takes 5 min though masturbation.I want to know if it's a burden or blessing that it takes much longer to orgasm though intercourse and if there's any ways to help speed up the process?

Kitchen sink/disposal shoots out yucky water and food! [ 3 Answers ]

We have just moved into a new house (built in 1950). When we turn on our garbage disposal, the drains on both sides of the sink shoot out really disgusting water with a ton of food, etc. in it. It truly shoots straight up into the air and pretty much gets on everything in the kitchen! Is this a...

Suddenly feeling like nothing but a burden [ 4 Answers ]

Troubles with my mother. I've been having difficulty in finding the right career for me. Currently I'm working as a nurse but I hate it, I'd want to move into either the operating theatre or working at the vets. I'm only 22 so I figured that I still had time to find my niche in the working world....

Dog refusing to eat dog food [ 3 Answers ]

My 8 year old German Shepard recently started refusing to eat her normal dry dog food. I'm nervous in the wake of all the pet food recalls. Her dog food is not listed on the recall list and does not contain wheat gluten. I have always let her self feed as she has always been good with how much she...

Financial Burden in Missouri [ 3 Answers ]

We received a notification of Levy/Garnishment in the State of Missouri just this week. Today, I discovered that my checking account has already been hit with the garnishment, putting us in a terrible financial burden. I had been making payments on the amount we owed, and I also called to see...

View more questions Search